Quantcast

The last couple months have been extremely busy for us, I'm very thankful for that! My goal was always to increase car count. The complaint I hear every day is "I tried to call but your phone was busy" and "oh no, I'm stuck, can't you get me in today?" We have six lifts, work in the parking lot, and yet another right now emergency always seems to show up. I'm running 2 loaner cars. Shop efficiency is high, but theres a limit to how many working hours are in a day. These are new problems that I didn't expect and its tough telling people no. The reality is new customers will find another shop that can meet their needs, existing customers will feel l should squeeze them in.

I'm not wishing for a slow down, I'd like to hear how you guys handle it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Increase auto repair sales by adding to the cart

Retail stores have known for a long time that adding or increasing the size of shopping carts also increases sales. Consumers may go to the store with a list, but as they pass through the aisles, having a cart makes it easy to add to that list.  While your repair shop does not use shopping cart, the same strategy can used. Every customer that books an appointment as done so with some sort of list; an oil change service, a brake issue, tire rotation, etc.  Through an effective multipoint inspection and looking at service schedules, you can make suggestions to your customers that can add to their cart; essentially increasing sales per vehicle. One last thing: Always make service and repair suggestions to the customer that is in their best interest and have value, and you can’t go wrong.  It’s actually great customer service. 

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 0 replies
    • This is Brand New! Need Car Count? Here's a Hack You Can Use!

Want to Grow YOUR Car Count, Income & Profits? Check this out!
      Get all my best tips, tricks and hacks... for FREE! Yes, FREE! Check this out! Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"

By JustTheBest, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
    • The person answering your phone may be killing your repair shop

A few weeks back I had a problem with my refrigerator.  I got a referral and called an appliance repair company. I called three times and each time I called this is what happened: "C and E appliance, please hold."  I was put on hold three times for about 5 minutes. After being put on hold each time, a women would say, "What's the problem?"  No engagement, no sign of interest for me the customer, no signs of caring.  I gave the women a brief description of the problem and each time she told me someone would call me back.  Well, no one did. So, I called for the 4th time, and as the person answered the phone I said, "DO NOT PUT ME ON HOLD."  There was silence, so I continued.  I explained to her that she has spoken to me three times,  I left messages three times and three times you told me that someone would call me back.  She replied,  "You are talking to the wrong person, if you have any complaints, write a letter to my boss, after all he won't listen to me anyway."  I hung up the phone and called another company. The lesson and takeaway here is simple: Who's answering your phone?  The wrong people on the phone in your shop can kill your business.  Have meetings with your people. Make sure you review your phone skills policy. If you don't have one, create one.  Empower your people to people to handle issues. And make sure you log every phone call. If you feel you have a problem, start recording phone calls.  Your phone is your lifeline to future business.  So, please ask yourself....Who's answering your phone?   

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 5 replies
    • Cell phone and internet distractions

How do shops handle the use of cellular phones by their technicians during work hours?

By cmautocare, in General Automotive Discussion

• 13 replies
    • FREE WEBINAR For More Car Count

I wanted to make sure that all of you heard about my brand new FREE webinar I am putting on next week.                                                               What you'll learn: How shops all over the country are using the latest techniques and technology to attract more new customers to their shops. How to work through the clutter and uncover what actually works now, and what to keep your eye on for the future. What you can get started on right away with little or no cost to you. How to take advantage of the 'car count shortage' myth to gain an almost unfair advantage over your local competition. When:                                                                                  If you're one of the vast majority shop owners who need more car count you simply can’t afford to miss this webinar. Click here to get all the details and to register… See you there!

By Ron Ipach, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 2 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors