Quantcast

Referal Programs

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well unfortunately in all my 40 years nothing's easy about new customers, I have posted this before. It will cost you one oil change. I have circled in my list of about 50 customers I refer as to my Centers of Influence. I go to there work and tell them how great customer they are, I appreciate all they do for me trust , the same old thing, I then say Mr. so and so, I want you to think of one the members at the country club you stay all day or the rodeo you help with, golfing buddies, whatever. And just say, you have always been my perfect customer, could you please think about some of your friends, men or women that need a good shop to handle their cars needs. Give them a complimentary oil change to give the prospective customer, you will generally have a new customer on your list Just make sure that center of influence guy is a good one. You will be amazed , that guy will tell that new customer you invented the car engine, younger Henry Ford. Another thing I do is get my haircut at a barbershop that has 4 to 6 barbers in there, I send them lunch about 1 time a year, that referral is dynamite as well. I have found in my area people are starving for honest shop owners that run a ethical business. See Ya David

Edited by tirengolf
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice plan tirengolf (nice name too!). One of the big things I see all the time is that shops don't REWARD for the referral. Now don't take this the wrong way - but have you ever tried to train your pet?? No reward - you don't get anywhere.

With that said, the reward has to be instant. Don't offer some lame discount the next time the customer comes in... or something like that. The reward has to be something I can touch (or taste) NOW. Movie tickets; coffee cards; fast food cards; it's your choice. But make the reward instant.

Nothing good ever happens on it's own, does it?

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee

"The Car Count Fixer"