Quantcast

While it is automotive - it's not automotive

As many of you know I'm in the process of cutting what ties I can with advance auto. After spending 45 very frustrating minutes in the store trying to correct some billing issues I was extremely frustrated - angry might be the better word. And within milliseconds of seeing this car I was laughing uncontrollably! Sometimes it's the little things!

post-1409-142663387002_thumb.jpgpost-1409-142663388335_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By champtires
      When you purchase tires from Champtires, you can expect to receive high-quality used tires. We’re able to do this because we use a three-step inspection process to ensure that we are only selling the best used tires that do not have any holes or other defects.
      1. All tires are visually inspected for obvious defects such as nails, screws, broken beads and dry rot.
      2. Tires are air-tested on our state-of-the-art Matteuzzi specialty testing equipment.
      3. Once a tire is purchased, it is given a final inspection and test before it ships.
      Since 2009, we have sold premium used tires to dealers across the country. Learn more and shop now: https://www.champtires.com

• By carmcapriotto
      Scott Wheeler, President of Automotive Consultants Group, Inc. (ACGI) is a shop management expert in the transportation industry, with over forty years’ experience in the automotive, trucking, heavy-equipment, marine, motor sports, and defense aerospace industries. He holds numerous ASE credentials, including two Master’s Certifications, and has experience working in every position from Tech, Fixed Operations Director, and Mechanical Engineer. Scott has authored five books for the automotive industry and continues to write, consult, and speak professionally at major industry events throughout the U.S. and Canada. He has been a regular featured consultant/contributor to Ratchet+Wrench Magazine, Auto Inc., and Canadian Tire magazine with articles relating to topics such as technician compensation programs, understanding production capacity, and how to maintain passion for your automotive repair business, among others. ACGI continues to consult and mentor clients throughout North America.
      Listen to Scott's previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      “How to Make Money (& Stay Sane) in the Automotive Service Industry”- Chronicles “Bob” a fictitious character. Effective labor rate, marketing and advertising in 21st century. Charts and graphs included. Policies, procedures, job descriptions.  What are your goals? Why are you in the industry? “What’s in it for me?” Are you willing to listen? Try new things? Change?  Change triangle- the center is change, outside points are commitment, plan and action.  “Why when how to” with financials  “All business is, is a math problem”- understanding the numbers, understanding benchmark (labor gross profit margin, parts margin etc)  Ego factor- what is your break-even point is? Do you rate how well your month went by how much money is in your checking account?  Holding someone accountable- clear set goals and expectations CPA using Quickbooks- Quickbooks isn’t geared towards automotive Make sure you set your shop management software to your set gross profit matrix for parts and labor Production incentive for technicians and service advisors- it should be easy to calculate. Is it based on working 40 hours or meeting/beating time guide? Consider individual compensation plans. Find one that motivates your employees.  Raising effective labor rate Automotiveconsultantsgroup.com Connect with the show:
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:
      This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Aftermarket Radio Network
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By AutoShopOwner
      First-Ever U.S. Auto Tech National Championship Qualifying Event Comes to the Detroit Area September 23rd - 25th
      Regional Qualifying Event Will Determine Top Auto Technician Professionals and Students in National Competition, Culminating with Championship Event in Nashville in December to Compete for Over $200,000 Cash and Prizes
      SYCAMORE, Ill., Sept. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., a family business that designs and manufactures products for the professional trades, and Intersport, and independent award-winning marketing agency headquartered in Chicago, have announced the inaugural U.S. Auto Technician National Championship (USATNC) competition. The competition was created this year to celebrate and showcase the incredible skills of auto technician professionals and students across the country. The program centers around a one-of-a-kind competition series, including four months of online and live qualifying challenges across the country to find the best 64 professional (32) and student (32) auto technicians, and brings them together for a national championship event scheduled to take place December 13-14, 2021, in Nashville, TN. A regional qualifying event is open for registration and will take place in Southfield, MI September 23rd – 25th.
      What: US Auto Tech National Championship Qualifying Event
      Who: Professional Auto Technicians and Students/Apprentices
      Where: Garage Gurus 27300 W 11 Mile Rd. Southfield, MI, 48034
      When: Thursday, September 23rd – Saturday, September 25th
      The regional tour qualifying event is one of seven that will determine the 64 finalists who will be invited to Nashville for the Championship event. From the finalists, three professionals and three students will be crowned first, second, and third prize winners, and will divvy up $200,000 in cash and prizes. Sponsors for the USATNC include 7-Eleven, Discount Tire, Duluth Trading, Garage Gurus, Little Giant Ladder Systems, Lucas Oil, ServiceTitan, and the University of Northwestern Ohio.
      Registration for the competition is open at: www.usatnc.com
      For a list of rules, see: https://www.tradesnation.com/us/en/etcs/autotech/official-rules.html
      For additional information, visit: www.usatnc.com
      SOURCE Intersport Inc

• By carmcapriotto
      Advancing the Aftermarket. Of late there has been a lot of dialogue around my circles about being paid for the value you give and bring to your customer. I recently saw a survey of shops whose sales averaged $750,000 yet their net operating profit was only 2%. That is only a $15,000 average net operating income before tax. This troubling stat begs the question: How do you continue to invest in the business and even provide a living wage for you and your team at that level of profit? 98.9% of shop owners that I asked about raising their labor rate told me that they were the one who was most affected by the change. (their hesitancy and the pressure is all unjust)
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show: Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email Join the Ecosystem – Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE. Buy me a coffee  
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      I was asked recently if it's possible to be a true absentee owner. Here are my thoughts.  First, it really depends on the staff, your position in your business and how the business is structured. There are shops that are run totally by a manager and the owner is not involved in the day to day. There are shop owners with multiple locations. There is no way to be at all locations at the same time. 
      Build the business by having a strong team. Find leaders in your business.  Give others control and allow others to grow.  You, the owner, do not have to be in on every single situation, and you should take time away from the business. 
      But remember, you are the owner and the primary leader. You set the tone. 
      Those are my thoughts...yours? 

• Our Sponsors