Quantcast

mspecperformance

How effective is placing flyers/business cards on cars?

For starters my shop is in a very busy metro area. There are cars everywhere, over 100,000's of people within 5 sq miles. I have a German specialty shop so my target market is a bit limited comparatively speaking. There are a lot of nice German cars around the neighborhood and the surrounding area. I have always toyed with the idea of placing flyers on cars or my business card. I feel awkward going up to someone's vehicle and snooping around it, possibly putting my hands on it to leave a flyer. Most people in my area can be hostile towards strangers so this has always put me off a bit. Also it seems most people don't like things being left on their cars.

What would you u guys do? How would you approach this? From the sheer volume of potential customers, I think its worth it to find a way to make this work. Thoughts?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• A healthy repair shop business starts with a healthy mind and the right people

The day to day operations of running a business can take its toll on anyone.  To be a business owner means to address problem after problem and finding the right solutions. Sometimes the decisions we make will be the right ones, sometimes not.  If we are not careful, this emotional roller coaster we call being in business, can make us focus too much on the negative, and not the positive things that happen in our lives. With nearly 4 decades as a business owner, I can say with certainty that one of the basic building blocks of being successful in business is having the right team of people around you and getting yourself in the right frame of mind.  You need to find and hire great people. But once you have them, you need to do all you can to take care of them, train them and make them successful in order for you to be successful. Is it easy? No. But it is essential. Most important; you need to treat each day as if it were a gift from the heavens and base your entire perspective from a position of strength and remaining positive.  I know it’s not easy, but I can tell you, it works.  

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 12 replies
    • Does anybody know of any bilingual technician training programs or classes in the Phoenix Area?

Does anybody know of any bilingual technician training programs or classes in the Phoenix area?

By Bspencer4, in Human Resources, Payroll and Training

• 0 replies
    • How Competitive is Your Area?

I feel like my area is extremely competitive.  My area is a small town with about 8000 households (includes town and rural areas).  We have 6 legitimate 4-8 bay shops, 1 Chevy dealer, and at least 3 hole-in-wall/backyard guys (800 households/shop).  The next town over has 8000 households, 1 legit 8 bay shop, 0 dealers, and 2-3 hole-in-the-wall/backyard guys (2-3000 households/shop).  Just wondering what some of you are dealing with out there so I have some reference point.  Also, for those of you with multiple locations, does this sort of thing impact the success of individual locations?

By jfuhrmad, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 6 replies
    • Techs and Specialty Tools

On going battle between my Manager and Tech staff. They like to look up about everything online before doing the work. When a RO says 'Specialty Tool' they think they need the tool to complete the work. For example, a recent 2009 Lincoln MKX had a RF axle seal leak. Pretty common problem. Tech doesn't want to do it without the tool kit. Took kit would cost more than the job.  We all have seen mechanics who can fix and think their way around an obstacle. I've got a shop full of parts hangers. Perhaps the Lincoln is better suited for a drive line shop or dealer but I figure we can figure it out and get it done like we've usually done. I've had Techs make their own tools and solutions and lately the younger guys just give up if they don't have YouTube instructions and specialty tools.  Thoughts? 

By 3PuttFever, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 7 replies
    • Any shop owners in the Cleveland,Ohio area?

I am looking for a shop my nephew that lives in Cleveland, Ohio can go for service etc. He works at South Pointe Hospital in Warrensville Heights and lives between there and Beachwood. He and his co-workers would make good customers for you as they are all surgeons. Just trying to help your car count and sales as always. Let me know and I will pass on the info to him. Thanks

By Stevens Automotive Service, in General Automotive Discussion

• 3 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors