Quantcast
Joe Marconi

Do You Ask Customers for Referrals?

Perhaps one of the best forms of marketing is old fashion word-of-mouth. When a customer comes in saying they were recommended by a friend or neighbor, our job is half done. The referral from another customer is sometimes more powerful than advertising. We make sure that we thank the person making the referral and send them a thank you card.

What we don’t do is ask existing customers for referral names or ask customers to send us new customers. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel as long as we do our job right, provide world class customer service and create that memorable experience for our customers, this is all that is needed.

Does anyone actively ask customers for referrals or ask customers to talk to friends and neighbors about your shop? If so, how do approach a customer?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By autoguy
      Was reading an article about Hyundai offering Lyft rides to their customers and was wondering if anyone has done or thought of doing this with Lyft or Uber instead of shuttling your customers around. 
      Lyft has a business site: https://www.lyftbusiness.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=b2b&creative=263920142322&keyword=%2Blyft %2Bcustomer&matchtype=b&network=g&device=c&segment=all&utm_content=self-serve&placement=&adgroup={adgroup}&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu-HoBRD5ARIsAPIPene7xTDnfQyMoT8kp1PriZCzffGzu0Zkmd1EoAmIiFyCzB0_wuiP8QwaAto0EALw_wcB
      Here's Uber: https://www.uber.com/us/en/business/central/
    • By Joe Marconi
      The aftermath of the great recession, which caused many new car dealers to go out of business, has resulted in a new breed of dealers. They have come to realize that the lower margins on new cars, combined with the intense competition, means that their service and parts departments must become primary profit centers.  Which also means that  they need more customers beyond the warranty period …. and that means they want your customers.
      Ten years ago, I laughed at the attempts of the local dealers to try to steal my customers...but no longer. 
      Smart dealers have 4 primary strategies:
      1. Offer free oil changes, - some for life, some of a specific time period - And setting up the first oil change service at the time of the sale
      2. Wrap future maintenance plans into the monthly payment
      3. Sell maintenance plans at the time of the sale 
      4. Use recalls as a way to sell services and repairs.
      What are you doing to fight these strategies? 

• By JustTheBest
      Trying to grow your car count by attracting new customers? Besides being the most expensive way to increase business, there's some stats you need to know. 
      Think about this: THE NUMBER 27. I know, doesn't mean anything right now but, instead of writing it all out, have a look at this video. You'll be surprised!

Hope this helps!

Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Follow CarCountHackers on Facebook - Subscribe to CarCountHackers on YouTube https:/YouTube.com/CarCountHackers - Grow your car count, income and profits!
    • By BNC173
      We have a small shop in a small town where feedback is important to us. We have a handful of customers that owe us money for one reason or another. I don't want my name in the local paper that I sue everyone that owes but how can you get them to pay. I know we can't go take wheel off to repo them or assume we can't? Looking to be that pain that they will just pay to get rid of me. We call or message and get the same story as always checks in the mail or I will stop in next week etc. What are others doing and don't give me the we don't allow charges because we don't either but everyone has that special case that it happened.
    • By JustTheBest
      Yes, I was shocked - and you will be too! The most current report from AAA reveals critical information that YOU need to know. 

Hope this helps!
      Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      Grow your Car Count, Income and Profits!
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors