Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Osha Inspection Anyone?

I was wondering if any ASO member has experience with OSHA and what were the results. We have all heard horror stories about OSHA and violations. Also, what training and self-inspections are shops doing to prepare themselves in the event of an OSHA inspection?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By flacvabeach
      Virginia's Governor Northam signed a bill into law that increases the fee shops can charge for the annual safety inspection from $16 to $20.  This was made possible through a lot of hard work and lobbying by the Virginia Automotive Association.  You can learn more about VAA at vaauto.org.  Done properly, Virginia's inspection process takes about 45 minutes per car,  so shops are still running a deficit, but it's a long-awaited improvement.
    • By AutoShopOwner
      Every shop should have a first aid cabinet that meets OSHA standards. Do you have a procedure in place to check on the contents of that cabinet and replace items?
      Here's an inexpensive solution available on Amazon, available in 2,3, or 4 shelf cabinet versions: 

Here's another option available on Amazon:

OSHA minimally acceptable number and type of first-aid supplies for first-aid kits required: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.266AppA
    • By spencersauto
      Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each?
      http://2un.me/1ibws
    • By Joe Marconi
      Below is a link to a news video. It's about a mechanic that failed to do a proper inspection, and is now faced with manslaughter charges.

Investigators said Jalbert inspected Donald and Elizabeth Ibey's 1992 Chevrolet Corsica in May 2014, but didn’t inspect the car well enough before passing it. Elizabeth, 83, died in a car crash two months later. Her death could have been prevented, investigators said.

http://www.wptz.com/news/dmv-mechanic-charged-with-manslaughter-in-drivers-death/34659076
    • By alfredauto
      Just over the wire today is all nys inspection stations will be required to test window tint as part of the inspection starting Jan 1. Anything blocking more than 30% light fails. More equipment to buy, more time, not to mention how does the average shop deal with removing window tint? I'm not opposed to keeping police safe from thugs with limo tint on the drivers window but I feel that's the police's job not the "safety/emissions" inspector.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors