Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Joe Marconi

Driverless Car? Say it ain’t so

By now we have all heard that different manufacturers and Google are working on the driverless car. That fact does not bother me too much, but the claim that driverless cars will lead to less collisions, does. It’s pointed out that most accidents are caused by human error and cars operated by computers are safer and will be involved in fewer accidents. Well for me the jury is still out on that claim.

I guess the main thing is realize that technology is moving faster and faster and as shop owners we need to cope and embrace not only technology but all the changes we will see in the near future.

What’s next, the flying car?

Here's a link to an article on Google's driverless car:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chunkamui/2013/01/22/fasten-your-seatbelts-googles-driverless-car-is-worth-trillions/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By bantar
      I had a customer claim that we damaged his car in multiple spots on the driver side rocker panel during an oil change.   We don't lift vehicles for oil changes, so at best, the closest we come to touching the rocker panels is entering the vehicle.   One of our shoes might get caught when entering.   This is an elderly gentleman and I do think he's being honest, but also think he is confused.    He saw some of our guys milling about near his car (actually working on computer in the bay) and thought they were looking at some damage on his car.   So, when he got home, he inspected it thoroughly.  This guy waxes / polishes his car daily, but has problems bending over anyway, so I don't think he's paid strict attention to the rocker panel.  In fact, he blamed us for some road tar that we were able to scrape off.   Not sure that his vision is great either.   But he loves his car.
      In our observation, it looks like a scuff mark maybe from hitting rubber debris on the road, but at the same time, it appears to be under the clear coat as it won't rub off.   See the attached pictures.  I'm hoping someone that knows paint might be able shed some light on what I'm seeing.   We've only taken pictures and tried to rub it off with fingers and fingernails.  We have not tried any solvents or cleaners.   I'm sure he would bring the car back for another inspection.

• By ADealerTech
      Hey Everyone!

I have recently (about two years ago) gone into business for myself (no longer a dealer tech) and have actually not had to file any labor claims until this past month and it was quite a bit of a hassle.

I was wondering what your experience has been with what auto parts store has been the most user friendly and reasonable reimbursement process?

The places I have access to are:

Advance Auto
      AutoZone
      O'Reilly Auto
      Napa
      Action Auto Parts
      Federated
      WorldPac

I don't want to say which of those I am frustrated with after this go round, because I am more interested in hearing your experiences rather than any defenses of a preferred brand. I am told that Advance and Napa supposedly offer full labor rate reimbursement, but I am not sure I believe this, there must be a catch. I don't expect a full labor rate reimbursement, I understand they are paying us for the costs of replacing the part and not to profit a second time, but I also believe it needs to be a fair valuation.

Thanks for any feedback!
    • By BNC173
      Looking for ideas or suggestions maybe something that has worked for other shops.
      Again we are a small rural shop, out of the main town about 10 miles. We have several tow companies in the area that will haul by our shop & take to another shop. We mainly do tires but are able to do light mechanic work like brakes, alternators, batteries, starters, etc, etc. I know some customers may request to take it to another shop but I also feel that we are an option that gets over looked & the tow companies may make a little more buy driving on by. 
      My Question is does anyone have a program that they are working with a tow company to bring cars to the shop when a customer does not have a preference. We have a loyalty program that I thought for every dollar the customer we will give the tow company the same value in points. Do we offer to pay the tow bill upon del so they don't have to mess with? How do we know if the tow driver is bringing to us on his own or the customer requested? Open to ideas & maybe it is what it is.
      Thanks

• By JustTheBest
      Thought this would help. I just released this video that reveals:
      FREE Tool you can download that shows you exactly what people are searching for in your market - it's a totally free download and I show you exactly where to get it - how to use it! Google hack - to get your shop found in search - and this costs NOTHING to do! Mind blowing FACTS about the most popular search in YOUR MARKET.  If you're looking for help with SEO, this video explains it all!

Hope this helps!

Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Find out what car owners in YOUR MARKET are searching for on Google
      P.P.S.: Don't forget to subscribe on YouTube at Car Count Hackers
      P.P.P.S.: Like & Follow on Facebook!
    • By JustTheBest
      Hi! Do you know the "exact" search phrases people use in Google to find your repair shop? Would you like to know what those search terms are?
      On this video, I reveal
      FREE Tool you can download that shows you exactly what people are searching for in your market - it's a totally free download and I show you exactly where to get it - how to use it! Google hack - to get your shop found in search - and this costs NOTHING to do! Mind blowing FACTS about the most popular search in YOUR MARKET.   
      Believe me - I was stunned when I saw these numbers - and you probably will be too!

Hope you enjoy watching - let me know if the information is helpful!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Don't forget to subscribe to Car Count Hackers on YouTube
      P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      By now we have all heard that different manufacturers and Google are working on the driverless car. That fact does not bother me too much, but the claim that driverless cars will lead to less collisions, does. It’s pointed out that most accidents are caused by human error and cars operated by computers are safer and will be involved in fewer accidents. Well for me the jury is still out on that claim.

I guess the main thing is realize that technology is moving faster and faster and as shop owners we need to cope and embrace not only technology but all the changes we will see in the near future.

What’s next, the flying car?

Here's a link to an article on Google's driverless car:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chunkamui/2013/01/22/fasten-your-seatbelts-googles-driverless-car-is-worth-trillions/
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors