Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Joe Marconi

The look of a Facility is no Guarantee for Success

The look of a Facility is no Guarantee for Success

A recent report from the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) revealed that although major renovations of run-down dealerships is a positive move, no amount of refurbishing can compete with the consumer’s trust and relationship with a particular business. New car dealers across the country are upgrading and modernizing their facilities.

Independent shops have successfully competed with new car dealers and national brands largely because they develop relationships in their community. Their customers are loyal because there is an emotional tie to the shop owner or mechanics.

It is my opinion that we need to have nice clean facilities, but our strength will always be the superior customer service we deliver and our ties to the community. It’s no secret that new car dealers are competing with us for the service and repair market, and they are also competing on price. We need to closely watch what the new car dealers are doing, but never forget what has been our success for decades: The one-on-one world class service we deliver each and every day.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By JustTheBest
      Here's 14 Secrets that virtually guarantee car count - in ANY Economy!

Hope this helps!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

• By JimO
      Last week a sales rep from a local Mercedes parts department stopped in to see me. He has been to my location several times in the past, always polite and professional. He handed me a paper with several topics highlighted such as extended parts dept. business hours during the week, Saturday hours, on-line ordering and mobile diagnostics. He provided additional information about each topic but the item that concerned me was mobile diagnostics. He explained that today’s vehicles are so complex that in many cases they require proprietary OEM equipment, information and training to efficiently repair them which they can provide, for a fee, at my location. He went on to tell me that they are equipping two vehicles, one vehicle for diagnostics and the other vehicle equipped with a compressor, tire machine and balancer. Whoa.... now he lost me, we need assistance replacing tires? Seems to me this mobile task force is NOT our friend but instead our foe, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They are gearing up to provide mobile repairs in my area at my customers homes and work places, not good. I expressed my concern and he quickly informed me that everyone else that he had presented this concept to were very pleased to be able to receive assistance (for a fee) when needed and did not look at this as competition. This dealership is owned by Lithia, one of the top ten largest dealers in America. I doubt if we, the local independent repair community, could keep two mobile repair vehicles busy enough to warrant their existence. Fine, they are willing to “help” me (for a fee) with problem jobs at my location but I feel they are clearly after my customers. What are your thoughts? Are there any dealers in your area also offering this same service? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Years back we never considered the car dealer a threat. But today it's different.  After the great recession, the dealers that survived understand that in order to thrive they need one thing….the independent aftermarket consumer.  In other words, your customers. 
      New car dealers today are more competitive, their customer service has improved, they make a big deal at the time of the sale to get that customer back to the dealer for service, and they are very proactive with giving away oil changes and selling maintenance packages.
      Your customer may be loyal, but under the spell of very convincing salesperson, a new car buyer just might cross over to the dark side.
      What are you doing to retain your customers?
    • By JustTheBest
      You could just say that this is tried, tested & proven. 19 simple words that virtually guarantee car count… in hours!

Hope this helps!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count FIxer"
      P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit! 
      P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook
      P.P.P.S.: Have you registered in my FREE Training? "How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days"
    • By Joe Marconi
      I can't tell you how frustrating it is to give a price on a radiator to a customer at the service counter, while he's on his phone searching for the part!  
      Here's what I do when I get a customer that tell me he can get the part cheaper....I agree with him!
      I let him know that he can get the part cheaper, just like he can buy a steak and potatoes cheaper at the super market too.  But he'll pay more for the steak and potatoes at a restaurant. 
      And then in a calm manner, I review all the benefits of me suppling the part, the warranty and the fact that if the part is wrong or defective or fails in the future, he will have no recourse and will have to pay to have done all again. 
      For most, it works. For many it's all about price.
      Now Most IMPORTANT IS THIS: The reason why you don't mind spending more for a steak at a restaurant is because of the experience. So, make sure the customer experience clearly demonstrates the value of why people need to do business with you. When Value goes up, price becomes less of an issue.
      Hope this helps. Let's hear from you on this frustrating topic! 

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors