Quantcast

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

SCANNER DREW J2535

Well, one more scanner and tool, a DREW J2535 Scanner. This one sounds really good and not to expensive using manufacturers sites. Have any of you used it and how do you like it. It makes all the difference if people that use it, recommend it. Instead of sending the cars back to the dealer, we can reflash and fix. What are you charging for these procedures. Thanks to a great group. Nancy

I am not familiar with the Drew J2535, but do own the Standard J2534 and have used it extensively. Just a word of caution, follow all manufactures procedures and do all the research and training available. You don't want anything to happen to the car's computer that you will have to be responsible for. For example, we did not realize that our tool to maintain the correct battery voltage was not working properly and the battery voltage dropped on Camry we were updating. The computer was damaged and we had to purchase a new one, it cost us nearly $900 bucks. A very expensive lesson.

If you want it to become an income stream, you need to market it correctly. Start off with models you are comfortable with and get familiar with the process. Insist that to tool company offer all technical training and assistance. We not only use it fix known problems but will check for updates during a major service and inform the customer that there is a on board computer update for their vehicle, much like an update for their home computer.

From my experience shops are getting anyway from $75 to $150 for the average car, depending on the update and job being performed. This does not include hi-end luxury such as Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, etc. I would not consider these vehicle makes for my shop.

Please let us know how you make out, this is an area we need to learn more about and keep up with technology.