Quantcast

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

A Sweetheart Deal For Your Car

Each year for Valentine’s Day, I send out an email blast to all local businesses, organizations and my customer base. This year the offering is a Synthetic Oil Change at a reduced price for one month only. The subject line for the email says: A Sweetheart Deal for Your Car! The catchy phrase grabs their attention and my response rate has been better than average. I have to believe it’s due to wording of the subject line. Many other people even comment that they saw the email. I have to be honest; I “borrowed” that phrase from the ad campaign that Auto Alert of CARQUEST has used in the past. (Auto Alert is a reminder and shop promotion company for shop owners, through CARQUEST Auto Parts)

Doing things a little different in your marketing makes you stand out from all the other traditional marketing and advertising we see. The public is bombarded each day, each hour of the day, with too many advertising messages. Be creative and think out of the box.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      I will never forget the day when a customer, who didn't like the price, took cash out of his pocket, crumbled up the cash, and threw the money at me. 
      This customer clearly crossed the line, in my opinion. 
      Before I tell the rest of this "true" story, I would like to hear from you: How would you have handled this situation? 

• By carmcapriotto
      Daniel Griffith, Wally's Precision Auto Care, Las Vegas, NV
      Key Talking Points
      Finding, identifying, and connecting with the ideal customer and naming them (Jennifer and Clara)- what books are they reading? Who are they following on social media? What are their expectations?  Build out each phase of the customer experience process, and look at the highs and lows What parts of the process are easy and what parts are hard? Simplify that down as much as possible If something's not working, change it. It's that simple Hiring new employees- asked his current employees what they like about their job, then used their words on the job descriptions “Culture eats strategies for breakfast.” The average tenure of his current team is over 12 years  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Having been a shop owner for 41 years, I have lived through many economic swings, both good and bad.  I can tell you that increases in prices, from gas to food to new car prices, can prove to be a good thing for auto repair shops. 
      People tend to tighten their belts during tough economic times, but also understand that they need their cars in the best shape they can be to save on fuel and save on costly breakdowns. 
      How can you help your customers save on fuel costs and focus on preventive maintenance?  
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By Joe Marconi
      October 4 - October 6, 2022
      Fly with the Eagles
      The Industry’s Most Powerful Shop Management Course
      This is a 3-day course, with each day devoted to a new topic, but you have the option to pick and choose the days you’d like to attend.
      October 4th-6th, 7:30am – 5:00pm EST                                                                                            
      After attending this comprehensive course for shop owners you will be able to
      Improve your skills in time management, leadership, and goal setting Fully understand your shop’s financials and key performance indicators Find and hire superstar service advisors and technicians Turn your existing employees into self-motivated superstars Fill your bays with the right kind of customers through new marketing programs Utilize your step-by-step Action Plan to ensure your ongoing success This AMI-accredited course has one objective: to help you create a more profitable, successful business! Bob Cooper built this course from the ground up based on his own success as a shop owner and his experience in helping thousands of other shop owners go right to the top.
      This series is now presented by Joe Marconi and Kevin Vaught, who have both experienced extraordinary success as shop owners as well, so it’s no surprise that Fly With the Eagles II is heralded by many industry leaders as the most powerful shop management series available to shop owners and general managers.
      To learn more and to register: https://eliteworldwide.com/event/fly-with-the-eagles/

• Our Sponsors