Quantcast

We are looking to purchase a new alignment center. We now have a John Bean Visualiner 3-D. It has served us well and is working fine. I think it is time to get one that does it faster to be more efficent. Thank you for all your suggestions that I know you will tell me. Please also tell me how long it takes to do a standard alignment.

We are looking to purchase a new alignment center. We now have a John Bean Visualiner 3-D. It has served us well and is working fine. I think it is time to get one that does it faster to be more efficent. Thank you for all your suggestions that I know you will tell me. Please also tell me how long it takes to do a standard alignment.

My last align machine was a snap-on, it was good. When I built my new shop, I purchased a Hunter. Very happy, great product, great support. I sunk the rack in the ground, level. This way you pull straight onto lift, no ramp. This allows all low profile cars with no chance of damage to front bumper or spoiler. I also opted for the extended rack to do extended pickups. I have the optional TPMS program and steering angle sensor also. Hunter is a great company and one that keeps pace with technology.

Hopes this helps?

We upgraded from the same Visualiner you mentioned to the John Bean Prism. It is faster to setup than the Visualiner and very easy to use. We only do 20-25 alignments per week so it fits our needs nicely. If you are looking for something to handle higher volume, the Hunter setups that Joe mentioned are tough to beat.

My last align machine was a snap-on, it was good. When I built my new shop, I purchased a Hunter. Very happy, great product, great support. I sunk the rack in the ground, level. This way you pull straight onto lift, no ramp. This allows all low profile cars with no chance of damage to front bumper or spoiler. I also opted for the extended rack to do extended pickups. I have the optional TPMS program and steering angle sensor also. Hunter is a great company and one that keeps pace with technology.

Hopes this helps?

That is a great idea. Did Hunter install or did you have someone else. Thanks for the info.

That is a great idea. Did Hunter install or did you have someone else. Thanks for the info.

The Hunter alignment equipment was installed in my new shop. My Hunter rack is flush-mounted, so you need to contruct a pit approximately 2 feet deep. I got the plans for the pit from Hunter, but the contractor built the pit. Hunter did the actuall install of both the rack and the computer system and the wireing. The electrician did the final hook up to the building electric panel. Hunter was very good with working with the contractor during the entre process.

Hopes this helps?

We are in the process of installing the Hunter also. I took your advice and are sinking the rack. The problem is when I came back in they were finishing the cement and I said where is the drain. They had left it out. It is in the plans, but not there. It has to be because it empties into the the next one and then every couple years, we test it and have it pumped. Hope they get it figured out soon. We had a demo here for a couple weeks. It hooks up in about 40 seconds. Pretty neat. I wondered if you did a FREE check when you first put it in or ran a special. Thanks for the good information.

We are in the process of installing the Hunter also. I took your advice and are sinking the rack. The problem is when I came back in they were finishing the cement and I said where is the drain. They had left it out. It is in the plans, but not there. It has to be because it empties into the the next one and then every couple years, we test it and have it pumped. Hope they get it figured out soon. We had a demo here for a couple weeks. It hooks up in about 40 seconds. Pretty neat. I wondered if you did a FREE check when you first put it in or ran a special. Thanks for the good information.

Great choice!

According to Hunter, they will not honor the warranty unless you have a pit. We installed a small septic tank for our drain. In the two and half years we have had it, we only had to pump it out once. It works fine.

We never did a free check. We do a lot of alignments and we promoted the machine to other shops. We have nearly a dozen other shops that give us their alignments. You must have the new system with the tire clamps. That system is real nice. I want to see if they have an upgrade.

We did not run any special either, but we do promote tire sales. I did run a contest with my techs to see if they could increase the number of alignments, which they did.

I like the machine and I like Hunter as a company. We also do the steering wheel angle adjustments. I think that comes with the program, you might want to ask to make sure.

Good luck!

Great choice!

According to Hunter, they will not honor the warranty unless you have a pit. We installed a small septic tank for our drain. In the two and half years we have had it, we only had to pump it out once. It works fine.

We never did a free check. We do a lot of alignments and we promoted the machine to other shops. We have nearly a dozen other shops that give us their alignments. You must have the new system with the tire clamps. That system is real nice. I want to see if they have an upgrade.

We did not run any special either, but we do promote tire sales. I did run a contest with my techs to see if they could increase the number of alignments, which they did.

I like the machine and I like Hunter as a company. We also do the steering wheel angle adjustments. I think that comes with the program, you might want to ask to make sure.

Good luck!

Thanks for answering so quickly. Yes, we will be able to do the angle adjustments. I was excited, but now there is a fiasco with the drain. They took ours out and said it wouldn't work. Except, they never came and asked me or told me of this, they just cemented over. This drain, drains into the next one after it fills partially up Yes, because it is lower, it would have to have a small pump or ??? It is a lot of money, but I think it will pay off before too long.

Thanks for answering so quickly. Yes, we will be able to do the angle adjustments. I was excited, but now there is a fiasco with the drain. They took ours out and said it wouldn't work. Except, they never came and asked me or told me of this, they just cemented over. This drain, drains into the next one after it fills partially up Yes, because it is lower, it would have to have a small pump or ??? It is a lot of money, but I think it will pay off before too long.

That's too bad. The pit is right on the plans. It's not your fault and you have to pay? A simple pit to drain any water is all you need. Our pit is just a holding tank, that's it. Nothing fancy and no added expense.

That's too bad. The pit is right on the plans. It's not your fault and you have to pay? A simple pit to drain any water is all you need. Our pit is just a holding tank, that's it. Nothing fancy and no added expense.

Where did they put the holding tank in the cement or ??? Somebody is supposed to be out to talk to me today, but haven't seen them. Thanks for all the information. Love this forum. It is a useable one. People do respond. Thanks for doing it.

Where did they put the holding tank in the cement or ??? Somebody is supposed to be out to talk to me today, but haven't seen them. Thanks for all the information. Love this forum. It is a useable one. People do respond. Thanks for doing it.

A local contractor who does excavation work did the work. He dug the hole and set the tank in place. He worked with the mason who set the forms and poured the concrete. We also put plastic pipe in the cement to run all the air lines and electric lines.

Thanks for the those kind words too about AutoShopOwner.com

After a few discussions, they came out today dug out and placed a 2x2 drain tank in the cement, covered it with a grate and screen over the top. It looks great. Thanks to Joe for all his information. Things are looking up. The rack should be here Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again for the forum. I believe we should all help each other

Anybody interested in seeing the pictures of the New Hunter Alignment Center can see it at Facebook DuFresne's Auto Service

What did that set you back?

What did that set you back?

We financed a lease with US Bank @4.99% 100 percent financed with a cost of $299. for paper work. We traded in, dug up, installed and with electricals about $56K. You can hook up and check an alignment in about 40 seconds. It does everything but the adjustments for you including telling you which tool to use. It is prett fantastic. Now hope it makes us lots of money.