Quantcast

Motorist assurance Program

• 2 weeks later...

Flash Sale + Social Proof

Is anyone a member of MAP (Motorist Assurance Program) or AMRA (automotive maintenance repair association)?

I am not and don't know of many shops that are. I like the idea of conusmer education, I don't know how effective MAP as been as far as making a difference for us. What are your thoughts? DO think MAP has value that we need to explore?

I am not and don't know of many shops that are. I like the idea of conusmer education, I don't know how effective MAP as been as far as making a difference for us. What are your thoughts? DO think MAP has value that we need to explore?

I sent in my application last week. I am interested in teaching my technicians uniform guidelines for selling services. I am hoping this helps me teach them when to recommend work and helps me educate customers on why the recommendation was made.

I will let you know more as I learn more about it.

Tony

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      With so many different models on the roads these days and the challenges of obtaining all the necessary training, tools, and technical information, should auto repair shops consider narrowing their focus on fewer makes and models?  
      Is "All Makes, All Models" really achievable today? 

• By WillieB
      hey all! I'm wondering if anyone knwos of any open source repair software? I'm a fan of wordpress as open source, gimp, open office so on I was hoping to find something to help manage a small shop with invoicing - similar to the big names but open source....anyone know of anything? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Jeff Cox, President, Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association 
      Jim Bennett, Carmasters Automotive, Norfolk, VA, and  ATI Coach
      Key Talking Points
      MAP- The Motorist Assurance Program is an Automotive Industry initiative built on vehicle inspection, repair and maintenance standards developed over the last 25 years. The MAP standards were developed for the sole purpose of instilling trust in the relationship between you – the motorist – and your chosen MAP participating service provider. MAP Vision- A world in which every motorist trusts the automotive maintenance and repair industry MAP Mission- Dedicated to equipping the automotive maintenance and repair industry with standards that build trusted relationships with the motorist. Building consistency and transparency with standards Non for profit Required vs recommend when it comes to safety and consistent communication with technicians  $150 per year to join and be certified- online training and online test, when a group joins there is a group discount (NAPA BDG), will also join store locator on motorist.org. Available on mobile devices and computers.     Accessing content/material-eLearning, API for DVI integration MAP follows and gets updated on bills, guidelines, and regulations that states require that you might not be aware of. MAP also tracks and segments by category (oil-tire disposal etc). Also has a separate listing for federal laws A free program for schools- contact AMRA.org The Sears class action on shocks - a catalyst for MAP Hosts technical conferences that members are invited to, and presentations of past conferences are also available online Has consumer-based videos- motorist.org (consumer-facing). Why the oil change is now $99.00, tire repair standards  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      I will be at the Elite Invitational next week and also making a presentation on "Identifying Your Ideal Customer." 
      If you are attending the event, please let me know. I would enjoy getting together. 
      For more information, click the link below. 

• Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By Joe Marconi
      With run-away inflation and the never-ending increase in gas pricing, auto repair shops in the Northeast are cautious.  While 2022 so far has been very good for most, the fear is that the forces that eat away at the consumer's discretionary spending will also affect their ability to pay for recommended services and repairs. 
      How are you dealing with this? What strategies could we share? 

• Our Sponsors