Quantcast

Grammarly Writing Support

The #1 Writing Tool

Grammarly Writing Support

Forums: The Power Among Us

They say experience is the best teacher. If this is so, there’s probably enough information among automotive shop owners to fill a library the size of the Empire Sate Building. Each day, shop owners conduct business in the trenches of automotive service and repair. They make tough, real-world decisions. If someone has a question about running an automotive business, there’s probably a shop owner out there who knows something on that topic. It’s time we profit from this knowledge.

If you have ever been involved with a networking association, a twenty group or a local business council you know the power of brainstorming among your peers. But what if we take this concept and expand it over the Internet to thousands of shop owners? What you would have is a network of shop owners around the world who can share and exchange ideas and best business practices. This is what AutoShopOwner.com is all about.

Did you ever have a question about labor rate, or technician’s pay? Or what about advertising ideas or issues on customer service? How valuable would it be to you to be able to find out what other shops are doing around the country? Why not tap into the greatest resource available today…. your fellow shop owners. AutoShopOwner.com has now made all this possible through its online forums.

I have no doubt that once you have experienced the power of online forums, the automotive business world will become more exciting and rejuvenate your company.

Here’s a list of some of the online forum categories we urge you to participate in:

• Paying Your Techs

• Entrepreneurship, Owner’s Responsibility

• Family, Recreation, Personal Growth, Building Wealth

• Marketing and Advertising your Business

• Growing your business

• Reinvesting in Your Business

• Sales, Job Costing

• Leadership, people management, and building you team

• Systems, Procedures and Polices

• Management Software

• Workflow, Facility Management, Shop Layout

• Scheduling and Dispatching

• Labor Rates, Labor Gross Profit, Cost of Labor

• Hiring and Firing

• Parts Pricing

• Inventory Control

• Customer Write-Up, Vehicle Delivery, and Customer Follow up

• The Irate Customer

• Quality Control

• Team Concept, Productivity

And More!

View full article

• Similar Topics

• By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By carmcapriotto
      Guest host and shop tour with Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Jae's shop has 5 shipping containers of customer tires. Find out why tires are an important part of his business.

Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Listen to Jae’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Rebranding business, knowing who your customer is, and having a customer avatar Moving during COVID-19, leasing the current building Book recommendation Stolen Focus by Johann Hari- learn how to listen better, focus on the task at hand Tire storage- appointments twice a year 8k for a shipping container, Jae will cap at 6 containers on location.   
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Are hairdressers the new untapped resource for our industry? How does a hairdresser in San Francisco become an automotive shop owner in Las Vegas? What can we learn from the intimacy between a hairdresser and the client? I’m with Danielle Villa at the 2022 Elite Invitational, stay tuned, you won't want to miss this episode. We discuss business, hair care tips, and a few laughs in between.
      Danielle Villa, Red Rock Repair, Las Vegas, NV
      Key Talking Points
      “I’m a mediocre hairdresser but I’m really great with people.”  Hair is intimate- “ It's the only profession that you touch someone and you don’t cause them pain or discomfort” Purchased shop 3 years ago with husband at the time, they knew they needed a business coach- transformed their lives and business.  Working with a spouse- open communication, willingness to listen and hear each other Charging for what you’re providing- with being a hairdresser and running a shop. Set the expectation and standards of your business.  Employees want to be heard and empowered  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By Joe Marconi
      When I started my auto repair shop in 1980, it was typical to work at the shop 50 to 70 hours a week.  More than half of that time was working on cars. I kept that work pace for over a decade. I know that many shop owners of my generation did the same thing. 
      That's all changed now. And for the better.  More shop owners today understand that their leadership roles are critical to their success and the best strategy for the welfare and development of their employees. 
      Jump to the link below for a few quick stats on the different roles of today's shop owner. 

• Our Sponsors

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile