Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

OE Maintenance

Find your domain and create your site at Weebly.com!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you feal that somtimes these manufactuers are simply selling the old 0 maintenance, buy a new car every 60K plan. I understand the improvemnts in fluid tech and engines, however "lifetime fill" seems a strech. I try to monitor fluid condition as well as possible and recomend as we feal fit. Most customers understand when we mention that, they and us have a vested intrest in them keeping thier car on the road as long as possible (the car company does not)

For those of you who follow the manufaturers recommended service intervals how do you manage the information? We follow the OE service intervals for all later model cars (2000ish and newer) We recommend synthetic for all extended service interval cars that don't require it (over 5k intervals). We are looking for better ways to manage this information as its so model specific. We are also looking at better ways to help draw in new business by selling missed maintenance items. We're in the process of evaluating new shop management software and are looking for something with tools that will help us do this. How do you do it?

thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      When I started my auto repair shop in 1980, it was typical to work at the shop 50 to 70 hours a week.  More than half of that time was working on cars. I kept that work pace for over a decade. I know that many shop owners of my generation did the same thing. 
      That's all changed now. And for the better.  More shop owners today understand that their leadership roles are critical to their success and the best strategy for the welfare and development of their employees. 
      Jump to the link below for a few quick stats on the different roles of today's shop owner. 

• By Joe Marconi
      With high inflation appearing to be an issue for the foreseeable future, I feel it is critical for shop owners to continue to promote the value and benefits of doing business with you. 
      Are your customers holding off on needed services or repairs? How are shops dealing with inflation?  And don't forget, inflation affects YOU too. 

• By Joe Marconi
      What do you do when one of your techs say, "Hey boss, the shop down the street just offered me $5.00 more an hour than what you are paying me."
      This actually happened recently to a fellow shop owner friend of mine. And, it's happening a lot more these days due to the tech shortage. 
      Do you match it?  Do you sit down and talk to the tech, persuade him or her to stay because money is not everything? Or do you tell the tech, make your own decision?  Or, do you put a plan together TODAY to avoid this from happening in the Future? 
      Your thoughts? 

• By Joe Marconi
      As of today, May 18, 2022, the price of gas is over $4.00 per gallon in every state of the U.S., with prices in states like New York and California way over $5.00.  
      Are you seeing a decrease in consumer driving?  Do you think this will hurt the summer season when so many people plan road trips, that help auto repair shops with all the related services and repairs? 
      Lastly, what's your plan to help your customers, and also help you to maintain sales during the road trip, and vacation season? 

• Grammarly Writing Support
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Our Sponsors