Quantcast

Myers Tire Supply is pushing a new TPMS solution. I played around with it at SEMA this year and it seems like an excellent and affordable system. Here is the link: http://www.alligator-sensit.com/

Rather than having to purchase a new OEM sensor, they sell an aftermarket replacement that can clone the defective sensor. You program the new sensor using a simple little USB pad that works with any computer. They claim to have about 85% model coverage growing to 90% by the end of the year. They are saying software updates will be free. I guess they are planning to make their money on the sale of the aftermarket sensors and accessories (valve stems, cores, o-rings, etc). It looks like a great system with the total start-up cost around $750. The sensors are supposed to sell for around $25-35 i believe. Anyone have any experience with it yet? If all true, it seems to be an excellent solution with good profit potential.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

After two years, Our shop would like to start servicing TPMS services lights preset on most vehicles we encounter at our facility. I can't even imagine how much income we lost from not thinking about this earlier.

What scanners do you use to scan\flash TPMS sensors and how much do you charge?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Nick
    • By TireChamp
      I think that it is very important for shops to check TPMS sensors BEFORE changing tires to avoid blame for defective sensors.

What equipment is your shop is presently using--how satisfied are you with it?

I'm considering the purchase of the following KTI tool: http://ktipst.com/index.php?page=press_release

And the following system (affordable universal replacement sensors that can be programmed to mimic OEM sensors) sounds great, but I don't know anyone who has used it: CUB Programmable Universal Replacement - TPMS Scan Tool ($650 from Tire Rack Wholesale) and TPMS Sensors ($28 each from Tire Rack Wholesale)

Thanks for your help!
    • By mspecperformance
      We here in the colder areas tend to see a drop off during the winter months when it comes to car counts. I wanted to get a discussion going on how do you stave off the drop in business? What marketing strategies do you employ? I think it is absolutely prudent to think about these things months in advanced if not earlier before its too late for you to do anything.
    • By OverlandAuto
      In the market for a good TPMS tool. There is has been info in the past but a lot of new equipment has been introduced since then.

So what are the recommendation's for a good TPMS tool?

Do you have one you don't like?

• By ncautoshop
      What are you guys using?
      Always sent tpms work elsewhere and just found out elsewhere (local tire store doesn't have a tpms tool either)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors