Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Part Inventory Write-Offs

Inventory Write-Offs

Speak with your accountant soon, depending on your accounting methods, you may want to check inventory for parts that have been damaged or have become obsolete. The drop in market value of the inventory can provide your company with added deductions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      My wife and I went to Mall yesterday to buy a gift for my grandson. We passed the men's belts and noticed a sales offer; 30% off all Belts. I stopped to look, and my wife said, "Don't you need a new belt?"

So, I picked a $40 belt that was marked down 30%, which brought the belt down to $28. My wife pulls out a $20 coupon, which brought the price down to 8 bucks!

What is the real price on the belt?....what is the cost price to the store on the belt?

Makes you think, right? I struggle with 10% discounts on AAA customers.

Is price all smoke and mirrors, when it comes to retail?

• By sparkerauto
      Hello just seeing if any of you guys are part of this program threw carquest or advance auto ? I have been part of it for almost a year now and i am not seeing any benifits besides the 24/24 warranty. Mostly because the person at the store we us does not go over things with us. Was just looking to seeing how some of you guys are benifiting from this program. Thanks
    • By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

I would like to know what software other shops use to track inventory (ie filters, wiper blades, etc). Any luck with a barcode scanner?

We are still old fashioned at our shop and looking to make a change to compensate for loss of time and profit.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers.

Nick
      CA Auto Group
    • By marista
      Anyone else experiencing a high number of new part fails? We have fails across the board, sensors, window motors, electrical (starter, alternator) and untold number of squeaky brakes. We use ceramic almost exclusively unless it's a cost factor for customers, do new rotors 98% of the time and it doesn't matter which vendor I purchase from - I get a large number of complaints from customers that the brakes are squeaking sometimes in as little as 1 month.?!?!?
      Brakes are installed properly and greased appropriately.

Some weeks we feel like all were are working on are re-dos.

In the past, we haven't charged customer for part failures. It's not our fault, but it's certainly not theirs. Big labor jobs would get a labor claim sent into vendor. We hardly ever see anything close to full reimbursement if we see anything at all.

After the last few months, partner I decided customers need to pay labor at 50% reduced rate. Again, not their fault - but not ours either. We can't keep doing this without getting paid something for our time. Thinking of adding disclaimer on invoice stating this policy.
      We feel for the customer, but we can't keep doing them for nothing with such a high rate of failures.

Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem and how you are handling it?

• By 5 Star Auto Spa
      For all of the shops that do NOT specialize in one make of vehicle, what types of coolant do you carry? There seems to be an over abundance of different types of coolant on the market and it seems kinda crazy to carry all 15 of the different types. Just trying to get an idea of what other shops keep in their inventory......
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors