Quantcast

Celebrating the Holidays with Employees?

here is our total package for the year

5 paid sick days

3 paid personal days

paid holidays... new years day/easter/labor day/july 4th/memorial day/thanksgiving/xmas eve(close at noon) xmas day

5 vacation days every 6 months (they do not accrue- use em or loose em)

a cash Thank you bonus every 3 months or so (usually 150-200$)

company picnic in the summer / weekend camping trip (friday- sunday)

we give ham/turkey depending on the holiday

we buy the shop lunch at least 1-2 times per week - and NO ONE is permitted to do the work while you eat lunch thing.

christmas party - NONE

why? the subject never came up- throughout the year we set aside .50cents for each employee for each hour they turn during the year and give them an envelope full of cash 2 weeks before xmas so they can have it for xmas shopping or whatever they desire. thats the holiday bonus. but as far as a party we dont do one- and we have never had one complaint or even an inquiry.

and i pay minimum wage- with a per hour bonus attached depending on the amount of hours you turn for the week.

my guys work mon-fri 8-5 - saturdays are optional- we are not open but if you want some hours and the work is there i will let you in till NOON.

Sounds like a great place to work. You aren't looking to hire are you?

We gave our guys who have been with us the whole year a $900 cash bonus last Wednesday so they could take advantage of the Black Friday sales if they so desired. We will also give everyone Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off with pay. Everyone will work a full four day week. Friday will serve as everyone's day off and Saturday will be the holiday. We find having a full work force for four days is more productive than having a slimmed down workforce (one man off each day) for 4 and 1/2 days.

actually i was going to send a guy down to joes shop to recruit his employees...ha ha j/k :P

actually, i am a firm believer in happy employees make happy customers - these guys give me 110% while they are working and they deserve some downtime. it is proven that smaller more frequent rewards produce happier employees because they know it wont be long until another reward is coming- it also reduces turnover because they know it wont be like this elsewhere - and yes - happy employees do make happy customers. they are not uptight thinking they work for a profit hungry slave driver. and their happiness rolls right down to how they interact with the customers.

Edited by gravysuckinpig