Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Checking in From Las Vegas

So far the event has been ok for the mechanical side, very good for the collision. The Collision vendors are here in full force and there is a lot to see. The seminars are great, from the ones that I took both business and technical. The attendance has been pretty good too. The OE also is also here, and it more dedicated to what they can offer to the collision side.

Some of the more well know vendors here are:

Elite worldwide

Auto Shop Solutions

Mitchell 1

Repair Pal

Customer Link

Jasper Engines and Transmission

Identifix

Motor Age

Body shop Business

Ford

Chev

Chrysler

Hunter

...there are a lot more, just can't remember right now

Today is the last day, flying home in the morning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Alex
      Has anyone attended the SEMA show this year? If so...any feedback?

Tuesday, November 4 – Friday, November 7, 2008
      LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA

The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world (PLEASE NOTE: THE SEMA SHOW IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC). It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. As part of the AAIW, the SEMA Show attracts more than 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries for unlimited profit opportunities in the automotive, truck and SUV, marine and RV markets. SEMA Show 2006 drew over 50,000 domestic and international buyers through two million square feet of exhibits. The displays are segmented into 11 sections, and a New Products Showcase features more than 2,000 newly introduced parts, tools and components. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more…

SEMA Show Web Site
    • By CarER
      So I was wondering if any fellow ASO members ever heard of / been to "The Auto Repair Event" in Las Vegas hosted by Ron Ipach?

If so, is it worthwhile? Is anyone planning on going this year? I plan on attending, so maybe I can meet some of you guys?

Sorry, that's a lot of separate questions...
    • By Dave Pelaez
      Due to family issues I have to sell the shop or it's contents. It has been open for almost 2 years and is grossing between 250k-300k per year with only me and 2 employees. I am also willing to sell all the equipment and furniture if buyer does not want to lease in the current location. If interested please email me at [email protected]
    • By Zs Automotive
      Hello,

My name is Adrian Zamora, I just opened an auto repair shop in North Carolina. Found this great forum and hope to learn as much as possible. Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to all on the forum.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Highlights from the NACE/CARS Convention at Las Vegas

The convention had more collision industry companies and OE presence than the auto repair sector. The overwhelming majority of people attending were also from the collision side. I did get a chance to speak to many shop owners from all segments of the industry and to many of the companies on the convention floor. The seminars were very worthwhile, both technical and business and overall the Convention was very informative and valuable.

Here are some of the highlights:

• Key note speaker, Kelly McDonald, spoke about the diversity in not only the work place but our consumers and how we need to change our businesses in order to compete in the future market place. She also touched upon the differences in the generations and how they will differ in the workplace and the challenges we will have with advertising and marketing to the younger generations, which are vastly different from the baby boomers.
      • There were companies like Elite that presented seminars and business solutions for both collision shops and repairs shops.
      • Many new car dealer owners I spoke to were at the convention to find out about the collision side of the industry and plan to expand into the collision business and auto repair business. For some, selling cars will no longer be their number one profit center.
      • May business seminars focused on the customer, the future and the how we need to become customer focused and get the people in our company working toward the common good of the company.
      • The collision companies dominated the convention from hardware suppliers, to paint, to body structure and glass. Many on-the-floor presentations showed new techniques for collision shops.
      • The OE manufacture showed their support for not only their dealer franchises, but to the aftermarket collision business. The OE promoted factory approved parts vs. aftermarket parts for collision shops. It appears that the OE, ASA and the collision side of the business are aligning themselves together, from my perspective.
      • AutoShop Solutions, a company that can help shops with Internet marketing, sales and training.
      • On the floor, mini technical clinics gave the attendees a brief overview of the complex future we are facing with respect to technology.
      • Mitchell1 and CARQUEST presented their new features and how they are committed to the aftermarket repair business.
      • Repair Pal was there with live demonstrations about their online service.

There was a lot more, if I remember any other important highlights I will be sure to add them. Working the Elite Booth with Bob Cooper, Karen Cooper, Kirk Gray and Mike Boden was rewarding. It gave me the opportunity to meet many industry leaders and great shop owners from around the country and Canada.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors