Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

Dealing with Extended Warranty Companies

People often come in with an extended warranty contract to see if we honor the contract. We always respond the same way, “Yes we do, but what ever the warranty company does not cover, you will have to pay the difference. Plus we need to find out if the warranty company covers what’s wrong with your car”.

Too often I see the same puzzled look on their face and hear the same response: “I was told that this contract covers everything and all I have to pay is the deductible”.

We know the real truth, don’t we? I don’t know how you handle this issue, but I tell the customer upfront that if it is a covered repair and my invoice is more that what the your warranty company is willing to pay me, you will need to pay the difference.

I am successful with this upfront approach 95% of the time.

I do not want someone at a warranty company sitting behind a desk telling me how much to charge or tell me that they can get a used steering rack from a junkyard half way across the country.

How do you handle extended warranties?

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

I am license to sell insurance and have some experience. I have thought about finding a good warranty company that would let me sell their extended warranties. However, the problem would be how would people pay for it. Most people can't come up with the money independently and are only able to do it when they purchase a vehicle because it is all rolled into the loan.

That's a good point. When it's rolled into the loan, they don't feel it.