Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
autoguy

New York Auto Show

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By flacvabeach
      The VAA convention is being held April 12-14 at The Main in Norfolk Virginia.  This is always a great show and includes great speakers, great food, and a big automotive trade show.  
      Everyone is welcome - you don't have to be a member to join in the fun.  Visit vaauto.org for details and registration.  Join VAA and you get one free registration to the show!

2019 Convention Brochure.pdf
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      We wanted to give all shop owners out there a heads up that Elite’s Online High Impact Sales Course begins on April 4th. There are only 100 seats available on a first come, first served basis. Because the course is sponsored by JASPER Engines & Transmissions, JASPER customers receive an exclusive discount! Please find the course details below, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact us or give us a call at 800-204-3548. Hope to see you there!
      Online High Impact Sales Course details:
      Course web page: http://www.eliteworldwide.com/event/633/online-high-impact-customer-care-sales-course-april.html 
      Content that will be covered:
      Selling multiple repairs & big ticket items Selling diagnostic testing & maintenance Building powerful relationships in 60 seconds Overcoming the most challenging sales objections Generating higher sales and happier customers Generating more repeat and referral business Presenting service recommendations in a way that makes customers want to buy Note: Course will come with a workbook, homework assignments and testing to ensure accountability and lasting results
      Presenters: Jen Monclus and Doris Barnes of Elite
      Price: $179 (JASPER customers receive a $50 discount)
      Course Dates and Times:
      Session #1 – April 4, 10:00am–10:45am PST
      Session #2 – April 11, 10:00am–10:45am PST
      Session #3 – April 18, 10:00am–10:45am PST
      Session #4 – April 25, 10:00am–11:00am PST (optional AMI testing at end of session)
    • By totalautocare
      How do you train your advisors and your technicians on time management?

We're a small shop (2 bays, 1 advisor, 1 tech and myself who doesn't wrench). I was asked today if we could call in an additional technician to help with the extra work tomorrow. I asked them how much work is on the schedule, they said hours of inspections and diags. I told them to inspect and diag everything in the morning and schedule out the repairs with the client from there. "Diag in the morning, repair in the afternoon" as I've heard it said and that always made sense to me. My little crew is willing to go the extra mile to get things done but don't seem to have the tools of time/scheduling management to do this as effectively as I'd like to see.
      Is there a resource out there to help teach the fundamentals of scheduling? 
      Thanks.
    • By Jay Huh
      Wondering how everyone did April. There are 4 other shops in the same shopping center as one of my shops and they said they were really really slow. Talked to various parts stores and they said everyone was slow. Friend owns a busy shop and he said it was slow. Seems like everyone had a great March though.

• By sjdieselrepair
      Reaching out to see what other shops are marking up filters: oil, fuel, and air filters for fleets.
      Right now I'm doing 35% mark up for all the filters. And I have 5 fleets of 20-46 trucks. Class 3-6.
      I want to keep them coming but don't want to loose to much. Let me know your thoughts.

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors