Quantcast

Don't Participate in the Recession

If you listen to the news reports, you might as well climb out onto a window ledge and throw yourself off. We know things are bad, but we don’t need to hear it 24/7.

Is there no good news anymore? Of course there is.

It’s more important now than ever before to remain positive and upbeat. I know it’s hard. I’m a shop owner too. But to focus on the negative news and things that can go wrong just may make you another causality of the recession.

People want to do business with winners. People want to work for winners. In times like these, the difference may be your attitude.

• 4 months later...
If you listen to the news reports, you might as well climb out onto a window ledge and throw yourself off. We know things are bad, but we don’t need to hear it 24/7.

Is there no good news anymore? Of course there is.

It’s more important now than ever before to remain positive and upbeat. I know it’s hard. I’m a shop owner too. But to focus on the negative news and things that can go wrong just may make you another causality of the recession.

People want to do business with winners. People want to work for winners. In times like these, the difference may be your attitude.

Good point, I'm surprised this topic received no replies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      Most communities have a variety of repair shops, dealerships, and franchise models.  Do you consider them the competition, or colleagues?
      Do you think it's worth it to get to know other auto businesses in your community?  To share and exchange business ideas and strategies?

• By Joe Marconi
      Here is an excerpt from a report from Lang Marketing:  Read and enjoy! 
      Six Major Takeaways
      Lang Marketing expects that new car and light truck volume will remain in low gear from 2020 through 2023 compared to the previous four years (2016 through 2019).  Lower new vehicle annual volume will trigger five significant aftermarket changes that will boost the volume of aftermarket products from 2022 through 2030. By increasing used vehicle prices and shifting miles to older vehicles, lower new vehicle sales will boost aftermarket product volume through 2030. An increase in the average age of vehicles and more older vehicles on the road, both resulting from lower new vehicle sales, will provide a tailwind for aftermarket product growth. Although there will be fewer vehicles in the repair-age sweet-spot between 2026 and 2030, this will create a mileage shift to older vehicles and an increase in the upper age boundary of the repair-age sweet-spot, which will be positive for aftermarket product growth Lower new vehicle sales will slow the growth of Electric Vehicles on the road, increasing the use of ICE vehicles and pumping up their aftermarket product volume. Source: 
      Lang Marketing Resources, Automotive Aftermarket Consulting, Research and Analysis  

• By Joe Marconi
      Seats Are Filling Up for October's Fly With The Eagles Course in Indiana!

Only a Few Seats Remain for Elite's Fly With The Eagles, October 4th-6th in Indianapolis, IN!
      *Mitchell 1 and JASPER clients - ask about your additional discount!*
       If you can't attend all 3 days, don't worry! You have the option to reserve single-day seats as well.
      The Fly With The Eagles course will give in-depth training on how to make your business more successful. Learn exactly how to:

Improve your skills in time management, leadership, and goal setting
      ·     Fully understand your shop’s financials and key performance indicators
      ·     Find and hire superstar service advisors and technicians
      ·     Turn your existing employees into self-motivated superstars
      ·     Fill your bays with the right kind of customers through new marketing programs
      ·     Utilize your step-by-step Action Plan to ensure your ongoing success
       This series is presented by Joe Marconi and Kevin Vaught, who have both experienced extraordinary success as shop owners as well, so it’s no surprise that Fly With the Eagles is heralded by many industry leaders as the most powerful shop management series available to shop owners and general managers.
       Register soon, because space is becoming extremely limited! 

• By carmcapriotto
      Carm here from the Aftermarket Radio Network and my guest is Lauren Fix is a nationally recognized and trusted automotive expert, media guest, journalist, author, keynote speaker and radio and television host. Lauren is also from my hometown, Buffalo, NY. I caught up with Lauren, and we discussed her take on electric and autonomous vehicles, supply chain issues, and her passion for cars that are propelled by an Internal Combustion Engine.
      Lauren Fix, Car Coach Reports,  Total Car Score Podcast, is an automotive expert and analyst based in Buffalo, NY. She has written three books on automobiles. She has appeared on CNN, Fox News, Newsmax TV, CNBC, and USA Radio's Daybreak USA show.
      Key Talking Points
      Electric Vehicle- limited charging stations, L2 costs 1M for a charging station, alternating current can have dangers when charging Anti Inflation Act- tax credit, only 18 cars will qualify, Ford and GM raised prices   Shortage of rare earth minerals that cant get mined in the USA  Supply chain issues- oil filters, diesel oil Everything is processed with some form of oil Autonomous vehicles- unpredictable weather, insurance  Car family- a daughter, named Shelby Great cars for the average consumer- Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade Lauren owns 26 cars  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Our Sponsors

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250