Quantcast

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

How has your marketing changed with the economy?

I'm curious how everyone's marketing has changed because of this economy. Have you started to throttle back, move forward, trying something new?

It's difficult to get people to spend money these days. I heard on the radio, a car dealer is giving away a free pt cruiser with a $40,000 car purchase, to get people in...

Not that I want the car dealers to do well, just wondering as an independent repair shop, what strategies are you taking?

We must be sensitive to customer's fears and adjust. Don't concede and roll back prices too much. Create packages that have value. Sell service in a way that shows the customer you care about their pocket book. Try not to cut back on advertising too much. This is your life-blood. Remain postive and tell your customers that things are ok and tell your people things are ok. The shop owner is the leader and effective leaders must show strength.

A scared general will surely get his men killed.

With consumer confidence at an all time low and the holidays upon us, I think we will be in a tough ride again. We need to be sensitive to customer concerns. I don't think heavy discounting is the solution or retreating in our advertising programs.

Gas prices are down, and that's a good thing. But is it enough to hold the economy together? Or is it just a sign of the times?

I would like to know what plans do you have going into the winter months?

• 2 weeks later...

We have set our 2009 budget as increaseing 5% over last year . We have taken our budget and changed from full page ad's in each media we do and downsized to half page ad's. We have increased media avenues with the cost savings.

The reason we are increaseing into diffrent media is to have something hitting each week . What tends to happen you send out a big event /sale you are busy first week it hits and last week if you put an expiration date for urgency.

What I have done this year we have 2 media's hitting pepole each week , direct mail , news paper ad's , letter's , e- newsletter's , reminder card's .

Remember thier are inexpensive marketing can do without creating budget cut's . We do B2 B flyer's and go to neighbor hood business personnally and offer thier staff and them discount . Share an ad with a neighbor hood business . flyers hanging on poster boards at grociers stores , banks in thier lobby's.

We just done one where our local pharmacy - we put our advertising on ther prescription bags, 25,000 bag's we split with 4 other business cost $700.00 fourth job in spent $1,700.00 these will run approx 10 months

We do what everyone want's cheap ofl - like an seminar this week - Todd Hayes said AN O F L IS LIKE A FIRST DATE YOU ARE LUCKY TO GET A KISS - SO WITH THAT SAID BE PREPAPRED AND BE READY FOR THE SECOND DATE WITH YOU CLIENT.

THANKS DAN REICHOW DAN R'S AUTOMOTIVE www.danrsauto.com

Dan, great hearing from you.

You are right on target with you advertising program. Those who invest now and maintain a strong presence during this economic climate will reap the rewards down the road. Now more than ever, shop owners must realize that marketing your business is critical for survival. Great to see that you always maintain a positive outlook.

Joe Marconi, Osceola Garage

• 3 months later...