Quantcast

Happy July 4th - Independence Day!

I want to wish everyone a Happy July 4th Holiday!  Let us take a moment and also celebrate the birth of this great nation we live in. 

The Fourth of July—also known as Independence Day or July 4th—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of Independence Day celebrations goes back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence, and two days later delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. 

Source: History.com

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, xrac said:

I thank God for the freedoms we have as Americans and wish a happy day to you Joe and to all that frequent this forum. 

Agree, Frank. So much to be thankful for. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      What are your Thanksgiving business hours this week? The balance between time off and responsibilities to our business and customers is a challenge.
      What strategies do you implement and how do you balance the Thanksgiving holiday for your auto repair shop?
    • By Joe Marconi
      Back in the 1990s, some shop owner's feared that fuel injection, 100 mile spark plugs, the elimination of the Distributor cap, rotor and extended fluid services would be our demise. But, that didn't happen. 
      Now I hear many in our industry state that "There is no needed work on an electric vehicle, they are problem free." 
      My opinion, let's not fall into thinking that the EV car will run forever of even for years without needed service.  The EV still has tires, suspension, brakes, and a whole new area of opportunities. It will be different, but there will be a need for the Automotive Technicians and for repair shops.
      Your thoughts? 

• By Joe Marconi
      A recent Auto Leap Survey revealed that 64% of shop owners are looking to retire in the next 10 years. (Link below to survey) 
      So, I want to take an informal survey of our  ASO members:
      How long have you been a Shop Owner? When do plan on retiring?   

• By Joe Marconi
      There's a lot of talk these days about a 4-day work week.  Some discussions include the entire shop only being opened for 4 days, other discussions talk about rotating employees to work only four days, while the shop remains open for 5 or 6 days. 
      I am on the fence about this. I do see the benefits, but it's not as easy as some may think.
      Thoughts, Comments? 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By bantar
      While at the Ratchet and Wrench Management Conference, I was able to review most of the management software packages available.   I have a few observations to share that might be helpful.   Each software package has its own pluses and minuses, but, I see some high-level commonalities amongst them.
      At a high level, you can separate software packages into two groups based on age.    The longer a software package has been available, the more likely that many of its features are highly refined and give you the most controls.   The disadvantage of an older software package is that they are too busy keeping their customer base happy with fixes and minor features that they don't have time to take the leap of innovation (e.g. DVI).   If the platform is really old and/or they are not charging enough money monthly to have the revenue to hire a good team, they may not be able to completely rewrite their software to utilize newer technology features.  For these software packages, you are forced to change vendors to adopt new the new features.   On the other hand, if the software package is new, they go straight for the snazzy features and also, try to fix the perceived problems of the legacy software packages.   They excel in the basics, but lack the depth of feature functionality that only time brings.     Mind you, both types of companies are trying to reach feature parity.  New companies need to flush out features, adding complexity and older companies are working to build the snazzy features.    Both of these take time.
      For the record, I'm using Protractor.    I can tell you all of the good and bad of this package.   I used my in-depth knowledge of this program to compare it to the newer packages.   In other forums, the two main contenders for new appear to be:
      TekMetric ShopWare Other New: Shop Monkey AutoLeap Older More Mature Systems: Protractor Mitchell (I didn't look at this one) NapaTracs (I didn't look at this one) Many others not at this show I liked the snazzy new features that I saw in each new package, but quickly recognized that in my daily use, I'm using certain mature features that are not present in the new packages.
      Another observation is that each software package somewhat enforces a workflow methodology.  You can choose to fight their internal structures (and lose), or go with their model.   I noticed a few idiosyncrasies, but, they are all trending towards a seemingly similar workflow.   This requires scrutiny when selecting a software package.  The new guys are often pushing their "better way" as a solution to the problems of old.  For instance, ShopWare had a unique approach to canned jobs that deserves investigation that I didn't notice in other packages.  
      So, when shopping, make note of the real features that you must have.  Don't be fooled by the shiny new outer skin.  Balance it with your real needs.
      I do see that some of these new contenders are investing much money into development of new features, so over time, they will likely build the feature that you need today.   As well, some mature packages are investing in the future. 
      I will say this loudly.   Your software vendor must be charging you healthy monthly fees to have the money necessary to continue to innovate.  If you gravitate to the lowest price, features could take longer or never come.   Just like us, we must first survive before we can do good work and be able to pay the bills.

• Our Sponsors