Quantcast

Why you need a Google My Business page for your shop.

If you want to become a successful independent auto repair shop, it’s essential that you have your sights on not only developing a long-term strategy for expanding your customer base but also pivoting in a way that has sustaining momentum. 

The key to accomplishing this strategy is not by focusing on gigantic steps, but by achieving a steady stream of small efforts, which means using effective and trusted tools that are specifically designed for you as an auto repair shop owner. Fully utilizing your Google My Business (GMB) page is an efficient way to grow your business and we can tell you why you need to be using it to be competitive. 

GMB is a free and completely verified online listing service that uses best practices for getting new customers in the door. Are you the type of business owner who uses an online marketing and branding strategy? If not, you should!

LEARN MORE about how to optimize your GMB page.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently kicked off of Google My Business.... twice.    They delisted me ("... your Business Profile on Google has been suspended because it was flagged for suspicious activity.") and then invited me to reapply ("If you’re sure your profile is compliant, submit it for reinstatement and our team will review your request as quickly as possible.").    No reason was given.  Both times, this happened the day after I responded to a batch of reviews.  Other than review responses, I don't make changes to GMB.  When you are kicked off, you cannot be found with Local Searches!   All reviews are gone.   It's a total wipe-out.   It's stressful.

I'm still not 100% positive, but it appeared to happen as a result of me changing my website from HTTP to HTTPS in January.   I had an online marketing company pushing out GMB updates, for hours and basic data.  I forgot about this and updated GMB directly after setting up HTTPS.  The marketing company then reset it to the old website value.  I didn't make this connection until the 2nd suspension.    We updated the online marketing company to have the right HTTPS and 5 weeks later, I've not been kicked off again.    It sure would have helped if they gave some explanation.  They just say:  "Your Business Profile on Google is live"     When it is restored, all data (reviews, etc) is returned as if nothing happened.

For reinstatement, they suggest you provide supporting documentation proving that you are real, e.g Sales Tax ID.   For the first reapply, I sent the Tax ID.  For the next one, just an explanation of me talking about reviews.  You can't talk to anyone.  They refuse to provide information to you, so it's best to avoid being kicked off.