Quantcast

Use Checklists as a training tool

It takes a while for any new employee to get up to speed in thier new position, no matter how seasoned they are.  We have found that using checklists for basic procedures are a great way to acclimate new employees.  

What strategies to you use to get new employees up to seed? 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      Team apathy- Is the owner being disengaged or having burnout? Maya Angelou quote -  “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” If we don't care how the other person feels, we have failed.    Showing you care with customers and employees Leadership role- make the people your passion Engagement survey- is there someone at work that encourages my development? Does my supervisor care about me as a person? Think about the last time you had an engaged server at a restaurant- how did that make you feel? What are your employee roadblocks? How can you remove that roadblock for them? How are you doing? How are we doing? How is the company doing? Performance management instead of reviews High priority interrupts- addressing and correcting issues immediately Hiring process-12 step process, 3-6 weeks, meetings, writing assignments, discussions. Are you passionate about customers? How have you wowed a customer? How did you make an upset customer, happy? DISC assessment. Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com

Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few?
      Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day. Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click. When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review. Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop.  Visit www.getbroadly.com/chat to learn more.
      The Panel
      Jack Curran, G & C Tire and Auto Service, two locations, Chantilly and Manassas, VA. Listen to Jack's previous episode HERE
      Jim Hayes joined the United States Army after High School where he served with elements of the Intelligence and Special Forces communities. After completing his goals in the Army, he moved to the Monterey Peninsula, where he turned his focus toward becoming a golf professional. As a member of the PGA, Jim held the title of Manager of Instruction for the Pebble Beach Golf Academy, where he taught golf to individuals from around the world. True to form, after achieving what he set out to accomplish in the world of golf, Jim transitioned to the automotive industry, where he currently serves as General Manager of Pacific Motor Service. Listen to Jim's previous episodes HERE

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Marksas
      We have been a long time user of RO Writer (10+ years) but feel it is somewhat behind the times when it come to features. We are also using AutoVitals on top of it which we absolutely love. We have been using it for a little over 2 years. Along with that we are using The Back Office for our Quickbooks interrogation. We also use an outside payroll processor to handle all benefits, payroll and retirement. I used to handle all this through Quickbooks and chose to outsource a couple of years ago to reduce some of the administrative burdens of dealing with healthcare, 401K etc..

Based upon my managers and AutoVitals conversations, ROWriter is becoming difficult to work with regarding the latest updates.
      I am really looking for a fully integrated product, preferably web-based solution. We are currently evaluating a demo version of MaxxTraxx. I really want something I can look at remotely without having to dial into the onsite server. I am a hands off owner and don't get involved in day to day operations but I look at numbers and stats daily. It also needs to support multiple locations.

Any input or recommendations would be appreciated. We are not taking this lightly as we know its a lot of work to convert as we just went through this last year in our bodyshop.

• By Obsidian Motors
      Are there are any repair jobs your shop prefers to not do for whatever reason? 
    • By ScottyP
      Long story but I need to know what this green wire is for or what circuit it's in. It's the harness in the left rear of the car that goes from underneath up into the left quarter panel. 
      Thanks and Happy New Year, hope your shop is doing great!

• By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      Word of the year: Execute  Doubled size in 2021 with employees and a second location Goals- what is your execution plan with deadlines?  Task lists Keep both locations on the same page- bring both stores together for a meeting, unifying  Be involved in associations Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:

Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. By always innovating, Dorman has led the way in growing the aftermarket. Here you will see a few examples of a Dorman OE Fix. An OE FIX is a Dorman repair solution you can’t get from the original equipment manufacturer. It means they found a situation where they believe the OEM wasn’t giving repair professionals what they wanted, so we fixed it. Everything Dorman does is centered around providing customer value, both in the quality of products, and the creativity of solutions. Our engineers and designers go out of their way to save repair technicians time and save vehicle owners money. Want to really go under the hood? Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
      Travis Troy, Owner, Honest Wrenches, Des Moines, IA with Josh Mullins. Travis and Josh met while in college together, and after hearing about the bad experiences of others working within the automotive industry, they decided they wanted to open their own business. With the goal of providing customers with quality service and 100% honesty, Travis and Josh opened the shop in 2011. Since then, Honest Wrenches have continued to provide quality automotive repair to customers and their families in Des Moines and the surrounding communities.  Listen to Travis' Previous Episodes HERE

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Similar Tagged Content

• By champtires, in Automotive Industry,

By Joe Marconi, in Automotive Management,

• Our Sponsors