Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
autoguy

MaxiSys ADAS Calibration Tool

Does anyone have the MaxiSys ADAS Calibration Tool? What did you pay?

I see it on Amazon being sold by autel

image.png.660c21434e46ea71504239da70e84885.png

From he autel site: https://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/Automotive Diagnostic& Analysi/590.jhtml

MaxiSys ADAS Calibration ToolMaxiSys ADAS Calibration Tool

Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) is becoming standard equipment on today’s new vehicles. These systems are designed to assist drivers to prevent collisions by displaying alerts, providing camera images or by taking instantaneous control of the vehicle. The Autel MaxiSys ADAS provides the original complete diagnostic functionality, comprehensive and precise ADAS calibration. With MaxiSys calibration tools and accurate software, Autel MaxiSys ADAS is an ideal calibration tool for collision repair, glass replacement and repair shops.

Overview:

Precise: crossbar's minor adjustment knob and laser positioning provide millimeter-level accuracy.

Flexible: lift can be adjusted by power; pattern cloth and pattern board are portable and easy for storage.

Integrated: modular frame assembled with accessory tools for calibration; pattern board holder, pattern cloth and pattern board are easy to move.

Smart: calibration procedure; compatible use with leveling lift adjustment

Accurate: regular updates of latest OE-level diagnostic and calibration software; correct calibration

Intuitive: tutorial graphics and step-by-step instructions; Pre-Scan & Post-Scan Reports (ADAD module identification, Calibration)

Complete: Wide vehicle coverage; Seven Calibration Functions; Fixed & Mobile Calibrations

Potential usage:

Glass Replacement, Specialty Repair, Collision Repair, Wheel Alignment

Adjustable Calibration Frame and Tools

The large automatic screw mechanism provides compatible use with vehicle leveling lifts by offering a taller than average extended adjustable height.

Easily Interchangeable and flexible calibration components

Precise fine-tuning hand knob and laser positioning for millimeter ruler accuracy

Calibration Tooling Kit

Easily Interchangeable Calibration Components

Exceptional Vehicle Coverage

Made of durable stain resistant material and easily cleaned.

Easy to store and transport

Calibration Software:

Step-by-step instructions display exact OE-calibration specifications and videos

Pre-SCAN and Post-SCAN diagnostic report directly presents the existing problems, diagnostic results and repair suggestions

J2534 Maxiflash Elite for OE Level programming

Faster 1.3GHz + 1.7GHz hexa-core processor, double the speed with our revolutionary multitask-capable Android Operating System

AutoVIN / AutoSCAN all modules in all systems

The best possible OE-level diagnostic coverage to offer complete ADAS and diagnostic solutions for smarter repair and calibration.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By autoguy
      Just getting an idea of what everyone is using for TPMS tools and sensors these days, anything new?  
    • By autoguy
      I was browsing Amazon looking for something had no idea that they have privately branded motor oil now. What caught my eye was the 5W-30 full synthetic dexos 5 quart jug at $17 for high mileage cars. Thought it was interesting. Wonder who makes it for them.

So I did a little research online and found this youtube review

Here's another:

• By bantar
      @CAR_AutoReports created an article about ADAS, but I can't reply there.  It was a good article.   Thank you.  Starting a new topic to discuss this in more detail since it won't let me respond there.
      I've started asking around to see if the Mobile Diagnostics guys are adding ADAS to their mobile services and so far, I've found no one, but also haven't looked very hard either.    At a minimum, we all need to be able to recognize when ADAS is impacted and know whether to proceed with a service or not, if we are unequipped to tackle the next step.
      I do have a few questions / observations / :
      With the complexity of these procedures, does anyone have a feel for how the dealers are pricing / handling ADAS reprograms?  In looking at this as a service offering, assuming one has room, I wonder about the following: What prices would the market bear for such services? You mention that you are getting paid for documentation.  Sounds like the ADAS services are time and materials charging.   Your car didn't program in the typical 45 minute drive cycle, so you are charged extra.    I think I remember reading about some complex procedures that were in the 10 hour range?   Any comment on typical job sizes?   Lastly on charging, I can see people throwing fits on such "frivolity" (anything you don't fully understand must not be important).   "If it's that much, time to get rid of the car!!!!" Looks like this could be a single specialty shop offering - B2B only. Are there generic tool kits that work with multiple car lines or is it one tool kit per line? Any idea of the types of such kits and their costs?  You mentioned $20K toolkit.   If access to OE Information is mandatory this may also impact which car lines are selected (as one may not want many subscriptions, even if temporary) Can we perform an ADAS impactful repair, but then sublet to the dealer for the ADAS reprogram (or other local shop)?  Is this a good strategy or not?  As of today, I've seen a number of cars with these systems, but have not performed any services which would impact them.

• By totalautocare
      Everyone has a different opinion of what is the best scan tool. What's yours and why.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    • By CAR_AutoReports
      Our experience with ADAS has been a truly amazing learning journey. Our learning journey is making us wonder what the direction of the industry is with ADAS and more importantly... how service center goals for growth and profit align with maintaining customer satisfaction while performing precise services with a skilled workforce that is in decline. If you're thinking about ADAS... you should read this first.
      Another acronym being thrown around is ADAS, short for Advanced Driver Assist Systems. I think everyone is stuck staring at those four letters without understanding the liability that those 4 letters represent for the future of the automotive industry, regardless of how much safer they make vehicles on the road. As one of the first facilities in NJ to purchase and utilize the ADAS calibration system from Autel, we have some really unique experience with it and want to pass on some information you should be aware of when considering whether or not you want to jump in.
      Facility Is Too Small - Size matters, A LOT with ADAS calibrations and if you have less than 2500 sf of space with a booming business... chances are you don't have the room to perform calibrations. Your exact business configuration will help determine this, but you ideally need a location where you can pick up 10 feet of open space all around a vehicle for most calibrations, but some calibrations may require 20 feet or more. Floor Isn't Level - If your floor is uneven, you can't perform ADAS calibrations, period. Can't Program? - If you are not experienced with programming modules or updating vehicle modules, you will not be able to perform a fair amount ADAS calibrations. Can't Diagnose? - If you don't have a team that can efficiently and accurately troubleshoot the vehicles already coming into your shop, ADAS isn't going to be any easier, it's going to be significantly harder. Who Needs OE Information, I have "X"! - Replace X with All Data or Mitchell or even the instructions in your scan tool. What happens when the manufacturer updated the information on the procedures yesterday and they didn't share that information with anyone yet? We've already encountered steps missing from the Autel scan tool... Minimum Insurance Policy Is More Than Enough - We have more than double the minimum and we are worried it's not enough. With lawsuits that settle into the tens of millions of dollars, we're not sure what enough is anymore. Don't Document Your Process? - This is where a lot of people will scoff. Who has the time? Save pictures and files, where am I supposed to do that? Who's gonna pay for this? We've figured this out and more importantly... we get paid for documenting. Do you? Mobile Calibrations? - Besides the fact that you're trying to transport $20,000 of equipment needed for calibrations in a van, this one is so serious... we couldn't give you a 2 sentence paragraph, read below. How are mobile glass services, like Safelite, performing calibrations on the go? We don't know, but we have A LOT of questions surrounding this. A recent calibration of a 2019 Toyota C-HR, after a windshield replacement, has some really interesting requirements. Requirements which we are used to, but we want to know... how is a mobile tech handling this? These are the requirements that must be met prior to starting a calibration:
      It is our experience that once a windshield has been replaced, the vehicle should not be moved for a period of at least 2 hours (weather dependent) in order to allow the glue to harden properly. So, what's going on? Is the mobile glass tech filling up the vehicle prior to replacing the windshield? How many of you had a windshield replaced and a vehicle calibrated with a fuel tank that was not full? We don't know how many corners are being cut and where they are being cut... but what we do know is that the above requirements have been there in every vehicle we have calibrated at this facility thus far. Lastly, pay particular attention to this requirement in this photo...
      *Calibration should be performed in a window-less environment with no bright lights or reflective materials. Ensure no other black and white patterns similar to the calibration pattern should be behind the calibration pattern. In a world where reducing liability is at the forefront of most public discussions, there are sure a lot of companies undermining their insurance policy in the field.

View full article

• Similar Tagged Content

• By CAR_AutoReports
      We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 
    • By CAR_AutoReports
      Our experience with ADAS has been a truly amazing learning journey. Our learning journey is making us wonder what the direction of the industry is with ADAS and more importantly... how service center goals for growth and profit align with maintaining customer satisfaction while performing precise services with a skilled workforce that is in decline. If you're thinking about ADAS... you should read this first.
      Another acronym being thrown around is ADAS, short for Advanced Driver Assist Systems. I think everyone is stuck staring at those four letters without understanding the liability that those 4 letters represent for the future of the automotive industry, regardless of how much safer they make vehicles on the road. As one of the first facilities in NJ to purchase and utilize the ADAS calibration system from Autel, we have some really unique experience with it and want to pass on some information you should be aware of when considering whether or not you want to jump in.
      Facility Is Too Small - Size matters, A LOT with ADAS calibrations and if you have less than 2500 sf of space with a booming business... chances are you don't have the room to perform calibrations. Your exact business configuration will help determine this, but you ideally need a location where you can pick up 10 feet of open space all around a vehicle for most calibrations, but some calibrations may require 20 feet or more. Floor Isn't Level - If your floor is uneven, you can't perform ADAS calibrations, period. Can't Program? - If you are not experienced with programming modules or updating vehicle modules, you will not be able to perform a fair amount ADAS calibrations. Can't Diagnose? - If you don't have a team that can efficiently and accurately troubleshoot the vehicles already coming into your shop, ADAS isn't going to be any easier, it's going to be significantly harder. Who Needs OE Information, I have "X"! - Replace X with All Data or Mitchell or even the instructions in your scan tool. What happens when the manufacturer updated the information on the procedures yesterday and they didn't share that information with anyone yet? We've already encountered steps missing from the Autel scan tool... Minimum Insurance Policy Is More Than Enough - We have more than double the minimum and we are worried it's not enough. With lawsuits that settle into the tens of millions of dollars, we're not sure what enough is anymore. Don't Document Your Process? - This is where a lot of people will scoff. Who has the time? Save pictures and files, where am I supposed to do that? Who's gonna pay for this? We've figured this out and more importantly... we get paid for documenting. Do you? Mobile Calibrations? - Besides the fact that you're trying to transport $20,000 of equipment needed for calibrations in a van, this one is so serious... we couldn't give you a 2 sentence paragraph, read below. How are mobile glass services, like Safelite, performing calibrations on the go? We don't know, but we have A LOT of questions surrounding this. A recent calibration of a 2019 Toyota C-HR, after a windshield replacement, has some really interesting requirements. Requirements which we are used to, but we want to know... how is a mobile tech handling this? These are the requirements that must be met prior to starting a calibration:
      It is our experience that once a windshield has been replaced, the vehicle should not be moved for a period of at least 2 hours (weather dependent) in order to allow the glue to harden properly. So, what's going on? Is the mobile glass tech filling up the vehicle prior to replacing the windshield? How many of you had a windshield replaced and a vehicle calibrated with a fuel tank that was not full? We don't know how many corners are being cut and where they are being cut... but what we do know is that the above requirements have been there in every vehicle we have calibrated at this facility thus far. Lastly, pay particular attention to this requirement in this photo...
      *Calibration should be performed in a window-less environment with no bright lights or reflective materials. Ensure no other black and white patterns similar to the calibration pattern should be behind the calibration pattern. In a world where reducing liability is at the forefront of most public discussions, there are sure a lot of companies undermining their insurance policy in the field.

View full article
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors