Quantcast

Mobil Manager Pro

We are considering mobil manager pro with bolt on to use the digital inspections on tablets? I wanted to know the pro's and con's you have seen from using the service? Cost to setup plus monthly cost? Is it worth it, has your RO increased enough to cover the cost associated with implementing the program?  Is it functional for those who aren't very technical savvy?

If the question is "Do digital inspections increase your ARO" then the answer is a broad "YES". It obviously depends on what kind of system you are currently employing. Some folks have a fantastic paper inspection that already nets them a lot of sales. I would probably say that moving over to digital will still help see an increase in sales HOWEVER the cons are that you have to train how to use them, they do take a bit longer to perform and the consult portion also takes a bit longer.

As far as Bolt On goes, its a pretty good system and works really well with Mitchell if you have ManagerSE as your SMS. I am unsure of how well it integrates with other programs. I believe they work only with android tablets. I used samsung galaxy tabs which are expensive. I am sure that you can find some cheap alternative tablets but I can't vouch of you will run into problems. We are going to try out Autoserve1 with one of our new shops with Protractor integration. I don't think you can go wrong with any digital inspection platform as the result will be the same. Some may have different features which you might like better.  

Bolt On does not integrate well with All Data Manage.  We had All Data Manage as our SMS when we initially started with Bolt On and a lot of the funcitionality was missing that was available for Mitchell ManagerSE.  We ended up switching our SMS software to Mitchel ManagerSE and it works much better.  

mspec, why did you choose to go with Autoserve1 intead of staying with Bolt On?

20 minutes ago, 5 Star Auto Spa said:

Bolt On does not integrate well with All Data Manage.  We had All Data Manage as our SMS when we initially started with Bolt On and a lot of the funcitionality was missing that was available for Mitchell ManagerSE.  We ended up switching our SMS software to Mitchel ManagerSE and it works much better.  

mspec, why did you choose to go with Autoserve1 intead of staying with Bolt On?

We are still using bolt on at our original store.

The idea to move to Protractor is due to multi location functionality, cloud based SMS, and a SLEW of functionality and features Protractor has over Mitchell. Mitchell has its Pros but it falls shorts in A LOT of areas. Much like the Bolt On and Mitchell partnership, Autoserve1 does the same with Protractor. Eventually my goal is to move all my stores on to Protractor.