Quantcast

ASO Members ONLY – But I've got to use that “F” Word!

Hello ASO Member!

You may not know, but a couple of years ago, I released “The Shop Owner’s Unfair Advantage”. It was a 5 week training course to help shop owners fix their car count. 
It became the world’s only marketing course designed specifically to help auto repair shop owners.

But over time, things change, so I updated that course. 

“The Shop Owner’s Unfair Advantage 2.0” was released earlier this year with great success. The difference is the 2.0 version includes 

• Marketing Strategies that are working today (tested and proven)
  • over 7 hours of video, plus downloadable and printable manuals for each module
  • Unlimited Access any time you want. You can review classes at any time– even if it’s 2:00 am Sunday morning ;)
  • I not only detail “step-by-step” the campaigns that I’ve used with private client shop owners, but I actually give you all the “fill-in-the-blank” templates to duplicate these campaigns yourself! That’s like having me sitting at the desk beside you while you market your repair shop!
  • And a bunch more too!

Because of the success of this course, I’ve decided to open up UNLIMITED ACCESS to Module 1 for FREE! (There’s that “F” word!). But this is a limited time offer and may be removed at any time without warning. 
Click here and You can get access right now.

What’s “The Shop Owner’s Unfair Advantage 2.0” include?: The complete course covers…

• 11 Ways to Make More without spending a dime
  • The 5 Dangerous Trends that Your Shop faces today!
  • The Auto Shop Marketing Pyramid – the only three strategies you need!
  • 21 Hard Cold Facts about Marketing On-line
  • The one small change that Google Made that wiped out 1,000’s of repair shops – and how to fix it!
  • UXO Optimization – How to Optimize User Experience on your website
  • Multi-Dynamic-Home Pages – Use this trick to triple or quadruple your online exposure
  • What “Schema” is all about – and why you need it!
  • How to Market to Current Customers
  • The Secrets of Text Message Marketing
  • Direct Mail Secrets (Yes, it’s still really, really profitable!)
  • Fill in the blank Templates – copy, paste and you’re done!
  • Secrets of getting more Customer Referrals in a month than most shops get all year!
  • How to get the right Testimonials that sell!
  • … and lots more!

Get instant access right now!

If you have any questions, you're welcome to contact me directly or through this forum. 

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee
"The Car Count Fixer"

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      There is a large repair shop in the mid Atlantic states (they want to remain anonymous) that just formed an alliance with a local new car dealer to service their used cars.  I will change some of the details; a request from the shop owner. But, the story brings up a few interesting facts. And, the big news is: This shop is profiting from this relationship!
      The shop owner was approached by the GM of the dealer to service some of the used cars they have been taken in on trade and want to sell.  The dealer techs are not trained and not familiar with the different car lines, being a Chrysler-only dealership. Due to the shortage of cars these days, the dealer is taking in on trade, all makes and models and wants to sell the used cars. And we all know profitable used cars are. 
      The repair shop performs a multipoint, which they get paid for,  and then they do many of the services and repairs, which includes tires, brakes, wheel alignments, oil changes, air and cabin filters, wipers and other simple services. Most of the cars are newer cars, and the work can be done by a GS tech.
      I don't know the pricing, sorry.  But, I am interested to see where this goes.  
      Imagine, a new car dealer asking an independent repair shop to service and repair their used car fleet???

• By Joe Marconi
      One of the lessons from COVID is for repair shops to have a strong cash reserve.  Shop owners need to budget their money each week, and allocate money to different bank accounts, such as payroll, operating expenses, taxes, etc.
      Another account I would recommend is to have a Cash Reserve account, where money is allocating each week, and not touched unless their is a emergency, such as an economic downturn and or if an economic emergency occurs in your area or with your company. 
      While no one could have predicted the affects from COVID 19, I think we can all agree that being cash strong is a viable strategy.
      You should have anywhere from 3 to 6 months of covered expenses in a separate bank account.  I know, I know....it's a lot of money. Start slow and build each week. Anything set aside is better than nothing. 
      Of course, to have a reserve means that you need to have the profit to put away. Right?  Well, another reason to know your numbers, revisit your pricing and make sure your labor rate is enough to support your payroll, operating expenses and have enough left over to set aside money for the unexpected.
      Trust me, you'll be glad you did. 

• By spencersauto
      What's your houlr labor rate and where are you located? We're currently at $95 in Texas
    • By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      Justin Fricke, CarTime Auto Center, Dundas, MN
      Stocks around 100 cars on lot for used car business in the same building The car buying experience has changed- the market isn’t full of new vehicles anymore, prices continue to increase month to month Justin started as a technician and is now part-owner Program through junior and senior high schools called Career Tech Education- job fair day of different businesses with displays. As a business, go to schools and ask about their programs available. Consider field trip to the shop Where do kids fit? Stereotypes around the trades need to be broken in school. Don’t push the kids that are the “bad students” into the trades. It is no longer a secondary career path. Also has detail shop- $200 for full detailing inside and out Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:

Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. By always innovating, Dorman has led the way in growing the aftermarket. Here you will see a few examples of a Dorman OE Fix. An OE FIX is a Dorman repair solution you can’t get from the original equipment manufacturer. It means they found a situation where they believe the OEM wasn’t giving repair professionals what they wanted, so we fixed it. Everything Dorman does is centered around providing customer value, both in the quality of products, and the creativity of solutions. Our engineers and designers go out of their way to save repair technicians time and save vehicle owners money. Want to really go under the hood? Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Bill Nalu is President of Interstate Auto Care in Madison Heights, Michigan and has been in business for 30 years. He collaborates with industry professionals, in building today’s “high-tech/old-fashioned” customer service system. Bill has been a big contributor to the podcast and he currently serves on several industries and educational advisory councils including AutoValue/Bumper to Bumper, Dorman Industries, and Cardone. Listen to Bill’s previous episodes HERE.
      Key Talking Points
      What are you grateful for? The world isn’t ending. Stop comparing yourself to the content coming at you.  When you make a decision to move forward, don’t turn around and second guess yourself Leadership comes through gratitude Hire compliments to yourself Suffering comes from judgment  “Air smells the best and freshest after a hard rain” Awareness- isn’t that you’re having a thought, but that you are aware you are having a thought. That is your consciousness.  Learn from other people’s second chances before you have to be the one to learn from your second chance. You must have balance.  Compassion- there’s more going on in people’s lives than you know about If you want respect, respect someone into respecting themselves Consumerism- willing to pay extra  Do you hire for work ethic attitude? Do you love what you do for a living Suffering comes from judgment- wean yourself off of the judgment that you have centered around you, judgment that comes toward you, and judgment that you place on yourself   The grass isn't always greener  Book “Who not How” LINK "Every Life Has a Story" Chick Fil A LINK  Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  AAPEX 2021 is in the record books and lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      For many shops, business during the winter can slow up due to a number of reasons.  What I have found that works is to schedule a flood of service reminders and past recommendations to go out during the months of Jan and Feb.  Maintaining touch with your existing customers is a great way to keep your shop top of mind, and it may just bring in a little extra work too.
      Any winter marketing tips to share? 

• By Joe Marconi
      This topic has been addressed before, but it's timeless in its importance.
      Doctors, dentists, nail spas, hair dressers, pet groomers, boiler service companies,  and chimney cleaning service companies all have one thing in common. They all book the next visit or service. 
      Want to increase future sales and smooth out the highs and lows in your schedule?  Then remind each customer at care delivery of their next Oil Service and any other services that are coming due soon.  Put the customer's visit in your calendar and have a process that reaches out to them when their visit is due. 
      REMEMBER: Every vehicle in your shop TODAY will need future services. The question is: Are they returning to you?  

• By Joe Marconi
      Do customers really have clear expectations when they arrive at your shop?  Think about it.  Who is responsible for setting clear expectations?  Consumers may have a preconceived idea about what to expect, but when it comes down to what or who sets the expectation, it's the shop's responsibility. 
      Great customer service is created by the shop and its people. The consumer will judge that experience, but they don't create it, you do. 
      We may think that the consumer will tell us what they expect from us.  I think it's the opposite. 
      Henry Ford once said: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

• By Joe Marconi
      The common buzz in business is to market to new, potential customers. This is a smart strategy given that every business losses customers each year, and we need to replace those lost customers.
      However, we also need a marketing plan that takes care of our existing customers.  It is cheaper and easier to retain your customers, than to market for new ones.
      What strategies do you employ to retain your existing customers?
    • By Joe Marconi
      I think it’s safe to say that few people go to McDonald’s for the fine dining. In fact, McDonald’s struggled a few years back when it introduced healthy choices on its menu. Even with its challenges, McDonald’s is considered one of the most successful business models on the planet. It’s a brand that is so well known for its consistency that it actually promotes comfort in the mind of the consumer—a lesson in marketing that could prove powerful for your business.
      Imagine yourself traveling with your family on a highway far from home one night. It’s late, everyone’s hungry, and you’ve been on the road for hours. You’re not familiar with the area but you tell yourself to turn off the next exit and find food. As you drive off the exit, you notice a cluster of stores and bright lights; a good sign for weary travelers. As you approach the stores and bright lights you notice two food establishments: Billy’s Burgers and McDonald’s. The only two restaurants in town. Now you tell me: Which one would you choose? Most would choose McDonald’s.
      While there are many reasons why most people would choose McDonald’s over Billy’s Burgers, perhaps the most compelling reason is that McDonald’s has done an amazing job building its brand on the consistency of its service and its products. McDonald’s’ customers know exactly what they are getting, and that communicates comfort. People tend to feel more secure with what they know and what they anticipate.
      So, what does McDonald’s have to do with running a repair shop? It’s the marketing lesson of consistency of service. Promoting consistent world-class service with each customer will create an experience that will give customers a compelling reason to return in the future.
      Now, most of us are not franchised across the country, and many of us are single location business owners. Our business model is different in that we tend to build relationships over time. While we may not be a national brand, we can still have brand recognition in our community. We can still have a brand that communicates consistency and comfort; a winning marketing strategy.
      When a customer walks into your business, it’s not because he or she is hungry and looking to eat a meal. There’s a problem with his or her car, or a service they need to have done. People rely on their cars and leaving their car at your shop can be disrupting to their lives. This causes a level of anxiety within every customer. We need to recognize this and find ways to reduce or eliminate this anxiety. If not, the experience won’t burn a positive impression in their mind, which means they may not be back.
      The customer experience is a crucial element to the success of any company. But, do we fully understand the impact of consistency in service at every step of the customer experience? How being consistent can promote a feeling of comfort and security? Your customers must be greeted the same, the phones must be answered the same, car delivery must be the same, and the quality of service and repairs must be consistent. Something as simple as forgetting the lube sticker or not resetting the maintenance light can raise anxiety and make the customer question the quality of your service, which will have a negative effect on the entire experience.
      However, the marketing lesson is not only how you define great customer service, but in defining how to deliver consistent, great customer service at every step of the customer experience, time and time again.
      This strategy will ease the anxiety within your customer, which will benefit you the next time your customer’s check engine light comes on or when her car needs servicing again. By delivering a consistent, amazing customer experience again and again, you will instill comfort and security in your customer’s mind. This simple strategy increases the odds that the customer will think of you the next time for their automotive needs. And that’s the secret of McDonald’s.
      Think about this. A consumer is traveling to work on a Monday morning. She notices that oil change maintenance is on. This consumer has been to your shop, the dealership and the local quick lube in the past. She knows the cars needs servicing. Where will she choose to get her oil change done? Will it be your shop? Will it be the dealership or quick lube? That all depends on what business made the best impression in her mind.
      This story was originally published by Joe Marconi in Ratchet+Wrench on January 25th, 2019

View full article
  • Our Sponsors