Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

I had a customer come in this week wanting the snow tires "HE" put on in November taken off. Not a bad Idea since we have had no snow this winter. When I saw his car I started to laugh, he had studded snow tire on his older buick. Take a look at the picture and you will see why I laughed. Not where the snow tires are !

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

• Like 1

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      We all know the expression, "The Customer is always right." But is that really true?
      The other day a customer walked over to my tech and starting to scream at him for failing the NY State annual inspection. 
      I intervened and told the customer to stop and get away from my employee. I also told him that I would not tolerate anyone yelling and screaming at one of my employees. 
      Should I have been more "reserved" and try to defuse the situation?  Should I have "politely" listened to the customer's issue?
      Have you been in this position and what would you do? 

• By Joe Marconi
      Usually the winter drops off in sales, but along with car counts.  This year is different.  Customers seem consumed with debt and worried about thier finances, and putting off needed vehicle maintenance.  Not good.  In the long run this leads to breakdowns and larger repair bills. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      We all survive by and need healthy car counts. That's a given. But all too often I see auto repair shops with "steady" but not "growing" car counts, but with new customers coming in each week.
      So, the question is, "If a shop has steady car counts and has new customers each week, then why are car counts not growing?"  
      This is a topic that's complicated for a post but here are a few things to consider:
      Is your marketing attracting the right customer that matches your key profile customer? If not, the wrong customer may be a one-timer and that does not help your car count.  Or, if you are promoting too much discounting, you may be attracting the wrong customer, and that's not a long-term strategy either.  Are you making every effort to WOW all new customers and create an amazing experience that gives the new customer a compelling reason to return? All too often we are too transactional and don't spend enough time establishing relationships.  Make every effort to spend time with each customer and ESPECIALLY with first time customers. Its the relationship not salesmanship that builds a company! Are you booking your customer’s next vehicle appointment?  Please don’t tell me this does not work. It does!  Hairdressers do it, doctors do it, dentists do it, nail salons do it. My chimney cleaning service company evens books the next chimney cleaning!  If you are not booking your customer’s next visit, trust me, someone else will. I hope this makes sense. What are your thoughts? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      So far for winter 2020, we are having a better than normal season.  This is good news since, late fall sales fell. I am hopeful this will continue. Sales of new cars fell last year, with the average age of cars on the road are at an all time high. Near 12 years.  And the scrappage rate has greatly declined.  
      What are you seeing in your area?
    • By Joe Marconi
      Shop owners, you have a little less than two months before the end of the year.  And that means it's time to start thinkning about your Tax Planning for 2019. Don't procrastinate on this. Meet with accountant. Review the year, review profit.  Consider things such as major equipmenet purchases and other major investments you made in 2019.  Look at bottom line profit and determine if you set aside enough cash to pay your taxes come April 15, 2020.  
      One thing, Cash is King, So, before you purhase any major equipment before the end of the year, listen to your accoutant, not the Tool Sales-person.  In many cases, it's better to pay some tax and hold on to cash for a rainy day. 
      A little planning now will save you big time in 2020, and also help you sleep better! 

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors