Quantcast

MaxxTraxx Pro - Anybody Using it? - Pros and Cons

We have been a long time user of RO Writer (10+ years) but feel it is somewhat behind the times when it come to features. We are also using AutoVitals on top of it which we absolutely love. We have been using it for a little over 2 years. Along with that we are using The Back Office for our Quickbooks interrogation. We also use an outside payroll processor to handle all benefits, payroll and retirement. I used to handle all this through Quickbooks and chose to outsource a couple of years ago to reduce some of the administrative burdens of dealing with healthcare, 401K etc..

Based upon my managers and AutoVitals conversations, ROWriter is becoming difficult to work with regarding the latest updates.

I am really looking for a fully integrated product, preferably web-based solution. We are currently evaluating a demo version of MaxxTraxx. I really want something I can look at remotely without having to dial into the onsite server. I am a hands off owner and don't get involved in day to day operations but I look at numbers and stats daily. It also needs to support multiple locations.

Any input or recommendations would be appreciated. We are not taking this lightly as we know its a lot of work to convert as we just went through this last year in our bodyshop.

Great Tire Deal

I'd also be interested in hearing feedback about this software. I have no complaints about Mitchell really, but MaxxTraxx looks more affordable and has some nice features built in that Mitchell has really drug their feet on.

Mark, did you look at bolt on technologies at all before you signed up with AutoVitals?

I am actually still paying Scott Systems for Maxx Traxx so I can have access to my old records.

Pros: Great company, Awesome people and great customer service.

Cons:
1. Kinda klunky getting around. Takes to long to get the story of the customer. Allot of clicking.

2. Hard for new people to learn although they have great training videos.

3. Not sure if it is a good thing that they have accounting built in. I had issues in the past.

4. You can not add parts without a labor line. This sounds petty but, as you may soon find out, it is aggravating.

5. Since it is cloud it is very hard to have your history if you choose to leave them.

6. Not totally sure one this one but I do not believe they work with Bolt On.

7. Big one here... Unless they recently added it, they do not supply a labor guide. I use to have to pay AllData for real time labor.

Feel free to contact me with any Maxx questions. I used it for 1.5 years.

I'd also be interested in hearing feedback about this software. I have no complaints about Mitchell really, but MaxxTraxx looks more affordable and has some nice features built in that Mitchell has really drug their feet on.

Mark, did you look at bolt on technologies at all before you signed up with AutoVitals?

I briefly considered bolt on but became sold on AutoVitals after spending time at a shop that was using AutoVitals. Once I saw that it would meet our needs and looked at the cost of it, I just paid for the whole year. We've been very happy with it and they have been very responsive to any issues we have had. We spent some time with some other users in the past year and started using even more of the features. In my opinion it's a great tool and very reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do have some concerns about an integrated package as usually one or the other suffers. I have a hard time even considering Mitchell since we ran their management system in our collision shop and the customer service was bad and the software wasn't really that good.

I don't have a problem using gotomypc.com but it's another monthly cost that must be factored in.

That's some great feedback regarding the pros and cons. Something we will be investigating further.

Markas said:

Based upon my managers and AutoVitals conversations, ROWriter is becoming difficult to work with regarding the latest updates.

Can I ask you to clarify this? Are you saying that ROWriter is getting nasty because they have a competing tablet offering and see AutoVitals as a competitor? I just demo'd AutoVitals yesterday and one of my concerns was the complexity of using 2 systems and the confusion that it might bring. What sold you on their overlay system? Interesting that of the two, you're more willing to toss ROWriter. It sounds like I'm looking for the same system that you want.

UsedTireShop said:
About AutoVitals. MINUS 5 Stars. I paid them $1,400 set up fee bought Ipads and after 6 months I decided to leave them. They are suing me for the remainder of the contact. BAD BUSINESS!!! I will NEVER go back to them.

Do yourself a favor and get Mitchell, Bolt-on and GoToMyPc.com. The only grief I have with Mitchell ( and I will be posting more about) is the short Notes field.

I failed to ask AutoVitals if they had a contract period. What is the length of your contract? May I ask why you abandoned AutoVitals? You saw value initially, but in practice it didn't pan out.

I recently talked to ROWriter and they want to lock me into a 3 year contract, which made me nervous. The ROWriter sales lady was a bit pushy and upset at the world the day I talked to her. She's not called back and I've not called in either. I just started looking at MaxxTraxx today, but didn't realize that their software was cloud based.

Edited by bantar

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but the information in here regarding Maxx Traxx is also old. 

They're constantly improving the product, and most of the things UsedTireShop complained about have been addressed...except they still do not have their own labor rate guide. 

I subscribe to Mitchell ProDemand for labor rates, specs, Labor Manuals, Wiring diagrams, etc....but Maxx Traxx does everything else for me.

The cost of ProDemand and Maxx Traxx combined is still less than using the full Mitchell suite for an SMS, and much more full featured.

It takes care of all of my accounting, book keeping, payroll, inventory, quotes, invoices, CRM, appointments, digital inspections, etc....