Quantcast

rpllib

Modern SOP platform for creating/implementing standard operating procedures?

Has anyone successfully moved to a sop platform like Process Street, Sweet Process, Pipfy or any other. It is time to bring our SOP's into something where they are easier to apply, self spawn, remind, and actually live in a fluid environment. SOP folder trees with word documents on our desktop just don't cut it anymore. I am looking to integrate process's with a calendar and ideally text reminders as well as tracking completions for repeating tasks.

Any input is appreciated

Randy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Profitability "sweet spot", is there such a thing?

Looking forward and thinking about business goals for the future, I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a sales volume, personnel, or facility sweet spot for profitability. I'm in a semi-retirement mode already, so having profits to spend is a priority over simply growing the business for growths sake. I really enjoy being in business and planning and reaching for goals, but wondering about what those goals for the business should be. I've reviewed some industry financial data without any clear conclusions, but I'm wondering what folks here think or have seen or experienced. A little about where I'm at currently. I started this business from scratch 7 years ago. We currently have 8 employees and did 1.3 in 2017. Any wisdom from you who have been doing this longer?  

By gandgautorepair, in General Automotive Discussion

• 21 replies
    • Service Packages. Can they be sold successfully?

We've been in business since 1995, steady growth year over year by doing what we know works. I also am aware it can be a mistake to do the same thing, over and over, just because it works without being open to change. Late last year my son joined the company as General Manager. He graduated from Virginia Military Institute with a degree in economics in 2014 then worked for the Target Corporation to develop his own style of leadership. When he joined American Pride Automotive he immediately looked for ways to implement meaningful change. After reading an article in Ratchet & Wrench he came to me toi discuss selling annual service packages to customers.  Has anyone had any success selling such packages? If so, what is the incentive to the customer? I learned many years ago that two things motivate a sale, price or terms. We don't want to erode our margin but some say this idea has merit, hopefully we can learn a lesson or two from you other shop owners.

By Charlie, in General Automotive Discussion

• 1 reply
    • New Fluid Forum View Added

Today we added a new option to view the main page of the forum in a fluid view. This view will list out the latest topics (similar to the sidebar latest topics). If you click on the "Showing topics from all forums" link (highlighted in yellow below), you can filter which forums you would like to see topics from. You can easily switch back to the classic table forum view at any time. The 2 buttons are right next to the start new topic button.     Filter your view by forums:    

By Alex, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 1 reply
    • Chance to have waiting room/street front visibility?

Hello Everyone! So I'm looking for some input. I have the opportunity to rent out the adjacent building to my shop. My shop is located in a strip plaza but in the back so I have no street visibility (only a main sign and I put out a sidewalk sign to let people know we are back there). The business that is connected to my shop just went out. The landlord is now renting the building out. I'm debating on if I should rent it out and have the street visibility and be able to change that into my waiting room and front desk area. I'm thinking the street visibility alone will attract more customers and pay for the rent and what not. I currently have a 4 bay shop tucked in the back with no waiting area. He is looking for around $1,500 for rent a month. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

By sparkerauto, in General Automotive Discussion

• 12 replies
    • Dealer Fluid Markup

For vehicles that require dealer fluids for ATF, coolant, etc., what is the markup that you apply for the fluid per quart/gallon?

By 5 Star Auto Spa, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 8 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors