Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Alex

U.S. Sets Dumping Margins on Chinese R134 Freon

U.S. sets preliminary dumping margins on Chinese fridge products

May 23,2014

WASHINGTON, May 22 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Commerce Department on Thursday set preliminary dumping margins on Chinese refrigeration products whose technical name is 1, 1, 1, 2-Tetrafluoroethane, signaling that it may impose punitive duties on the products.

The department made its preliminary affirmative determination that 1, 1, 1, 2-Tetrafluoroethane from China had been "sold in the United States at dumping margins ranging from 133.47 percent to 237.33 percent".

Punitive duties would be imposed after both the Commerce Department and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) made affirmative final rulings, which are scheduled on Oct. 3 and Nov. 17, respectively. If the ITC makes a negative determination, the investigations will be terminated.

The U.S. Commerce Department launched the anti-dumping and countervailing duties probes over Chinese refrigeration products last year requested by Mexichem Fluor, Inc., a refrigerant producer based in the U.S. state of Louisiana.

The company alleged that these refrigeration products from China were sold below the fair value of the products in the U.S. market with dumping margins at 198.52 percent, and Chinese producers and exporters also received improper government subsidies.

Imports of these products from China were estimated at 34.7 million U.S. dollars last year, according to U.S. official data.

China has repeatedly urged Washington to honor its commitment against protectionism and work with China to maintain a free, open and just trade environment.

Source: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=219939

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      With Mother Google literally tied to our hands, through our cell phones; are part margins becoming more difficult to achieve?  Traditionally, shops use a 50% part margin, which they deserve.  But, we live in a world today where part prices are so transparent that maybe we need to rethink this.
      Consider this: What  if we concede on prices?  Hold to a suggested list…BUT…raise our labor rate to offset the loss in overall profit. In other words, keep your parts prices at a margin the consumer will not question,  but raise your labor to make up the part profit? 
      This is being discussed around the country and there are shops that have implemented this strategy.  We can’t give up our overall gross profit, so is this a viable option?
      Your thoughts?
    • By Gary A
      I would like some feedback from those who have been using BG products. Which ones should I start out with? Which ones are you using the most of? I have a customer who is bringing their car in for 45K service and it says "install BG service kit".
    • By Joe Marconi
      We sell service, not products. Yes, we sell water pumps, brake pads and air filters. And yes, those are products. But it’s the service we sell, the customer experience, which lives on well beyond the customer leaves your shop.

Think of it this way; when you buy a watch, or a new cell phone, the experience of what you purchase continues after the sale. When we replace a customer’s water pump or air filter, there is very little about those items that lives on beyond the sale.

But, what does live on is the customer experience. The better the experience, the more likely the customer will return to you.  So focus on the customer experience, not the products you install.

• By Voltek H/EV
      Hello everyone, first post here,
      I'm in the process of opening an actual shop, i've been a mobile mechanic for 10 years. I specialize in hybrid and electric vehicles. I've been searching prices on fluid exchanger machines, lifts and other pricey equipment. I've been looking at some really cheap Chinese equipment on ebay, i'm just wondering if anyone here has successfully used any of this equipment. It's tempting but I know the old "you get what you pay for" mantra. They got lifts for $1,600 and ATF fluid exchangers for $335. Might be worth trying the fluid exchanger on some of my own vehicles for that price. I appreciate any input, thank you!
    • By Joe Marconi
      My wife and I went to Mall yesterday to buy a gift for my grandson. We passed the men's belts and noticed a sales offer; 30% off all Belts. I stopped to look, and my wife said, "Don't you need a new belt?"

So, I picked a $40 belt that was marked down 30%, which brought the belt down to $28. My wife pulls out a $20 coupon, which brought the price down to 8 bucks!

What is the real price on the belt?....what is the cost price to the store on the belt?

Makes you think, right? I struggle with 10% discounts on AAA customers.

Is price all smoke and mirrors, when it comes to retail?

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors

Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Fast Free Shipping on All Orders Over $50

Fast Free Shipping on All Orders Over $50