Quantcast

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

Who are you? Customer service at its worst, and its best

I am going to give you two different scenarios, with two completely different results.

Scenario 1: A few weeks back I walked into my Doctor's office for a 2:45pm appointment. I approached the receptionist and waited a few minutes as she finished writing something on a note pad. She finally looked up at me expressionless, and I gave her my name. She looked puzzled has she struggled to find my name on the appointment sheet. In obvious disgust, she blurted out, "Who are you and what are you here for?"

Scenario 2: Last spring I called to make a reservation at Mortons Steak house, and upscale restaurant. The women on the phone asked me if I was celebrating anything special. I told her that my wife and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary. The women on the phone gave me a 7:15pm reservation time. When my wife and I walked into the restaurant, the receptionist approached us was with a big smile on her face and said, Mr. and Mrs. Marconi? I said, Yes. The receptionist continued, "Welcome to Mortons and happy anniversary."

Its obvious that scenario 2 left a much better impression on me. And its one of the reasons why Mortons is known for its world-class customer service.

For us, repair shop owners, we should adopt the same warm and friendly concept that Morton's has. While we may not know everyone that comes through our doors, we need to embrace people and welcome them to our shop as family. If you schedule people for service, make sure you know why they are coming and what vehicle they are bringing in for service. So when Mr. Customer walks in your shop with a scheduled appointment, make sure you say, "Yes Mr. Customer, welcome! We've been expecting you. You are here for an oil change on your Chevy Pick Up."

Thats a lot better than saying, "Who are you and what are you here for?"

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found