Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

Ok folks need a little input here. I have signed up for a 3 month trial program in a local coupon rag. Been surveying my good customers as to what gets their attention when they are browsing the sales flyers. Most respond with a FREE anything. Now I have been taught that there is no VALUE in free and I am trying to avoid the free "trap". At the same time it seems that everyone in town has a FREE this or that. And I did have a fellow tell me one time that "Ya gotta play ball in the field your in". I already feel I set myself apart from my competition in my honesty and service. My tag line is "Honesty and Integrity are your guides in caring for your car" What are your thoughts? What is working for you? Thanks for the input! Jeff.

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

We have a rather small waiting room and have removed a few chairs to aid in social distancing (we now have only 4 chairs total). I wanted to know if your shop is requiring customers to wear a mask while they are inside the waiting area?  How is your experience? Do you have a sign up on the front door stating they must wear a mask?

Stay safe and healthy!

Nick 

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Special Announcement

Elite's September 10-12 Masters Service Advisor Training Program Will Be Presented Entirely Online!  

Only a Few Seats Left!

To ensure that we're able to comply with social distancing and keep your advisors safe, our Masters Service Advisor Training Program starting September 10-12 will be presented entirely online! 

Your advisors will not only receive 100% of the training that we offer at the live 3-day course, but you'll be able to save on travel and hotel expenses, and your advisors won't have to spend any extra time out of the shop due to travel. Most importantly, after the initial 3 days of online training, your service advisors will still get the identical 6 months of sales coaching from Ratchet & Wrench All-Star Award winner Jen Monclus, which has been proven to increase sales by an AVERAGE of $10,750 per month after the training!

There are only a few seats left, so to reserve your advisor's spot, just give us a call at 800-204-3548. For more info, feel free to visit our Masters Program web page. 
    • By Stevens Automotive Service
      If you have any shop management questions message me and i will be glad to help.  
      Make your shop more productive with what you have.
      Selling diagnostic time is made extremely easy. Even over the phone to get them in your shop. 
      Whatever the case my be that you need more of in this time off less just ask. 
      Be glad to help.
      Thanks Dan Stevens   
    • By Joe Marconi
      In my 40 years as a shop owner, I have battled the age old dilemma: Is it my car count, my customer count or some other reason why some weeks I find it hard to hit my sales goal.  
      It always comes down to production.  Now that's really simplifying it, I know.   But, when you look at the numbers, with the right jobs and a balanced schedule, the ARO goes way up and car counts become not as important as we thought. 
      Another thing to consider, this is not 1995. Cars do not come in 5 to 6 times a year for an Oil Change Service.   You are lucky to see some customers every 10,000 miles as they wait for that Oil Change Percentage light on their dashboard to tell them...NOW IT"S OK TO GO TO YOUR REPAIR SHOP. Isn't it funny how so many people will listen to the dash board light, and not you!
      Anyway, what are your thoughts.  How do you reach your weekly sales goals and what KPI's are important to you? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      NEWS BREAK: Workers at a Mavis Discount Tire shop falsified records to make it look as if they completed brake work on a limousine before it crashed and killed 20 in Schoharie, New York, last year, when in actuality the work was never performed, according to the shop's former manager.
      Below is a link to the article:
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/10/09/new-york-limo-crash-mavis-discount-tire-shop-falsified-brake-records/3920945002/

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors