Quantcast

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By b1qwkbird
      Ok here is a new one on me. Usually when a customer approves a repair large or small we either get verbal approval over the phone where we list the time and method of call (whether we called them or they called us) or written approval through a signed estimate, whether in person or by email.

Well a new customer brought us a 2001 F150 with severely worn timing chains and guides that turned out to be broken as well as leaking valves from kissing the pistons. Of course this led to a replacement engine.

After going back and forth for about a week with the options of a used engine (which did not last long) or a reman engine (which he chose) he finally approved the work. He brought in his deposit for the engine along with a contract for me to sign basically stating all that is getting replaced and the warranty involved. Nothing above what we agreed on but a little out of the ordinary.

Now the customer is an electrical contractor by trade so I'm assuming this is where this comes from. I signed the agreement since nothing was out of order and I wanted to make him feel comfortable since he is a new customer.

What are your thoughts on this?

PS- The main frustration with the customer comes from having to go through explaining what I could research as to the pros and cons of different brands of reman engines, only to end up ordering a Jasper unit like I quoted at the beginning. I have always had good luck with Jasper products and the one time I had an issue it was resolved quickly and painlessly.
    • By Joe Marconi
      A good friend of mine owns a plumbing business with 10 workers. Seeing rising workers compensation he found and signed with a local insurance broker that claimed to offer super low rates on workers compensation. This was 6 years ago. I will not bore you with all the details, and will fast forward to three years ago when my friend dropped the insurance because of so many billing errors being made by the insurance company.

About a year ago, he got an email, (that's right an email) from the insurance company, not the broker, that he owed $10,000 in workers comp fees. After a year of trying to figure this out on his own, he finally brought all the paper work to his attorney.

Here's the outcome: His lawyer reviewed all the paper work and found that the contract my friend signed exempts the broker from any liability and responsibility, that the workers comp insurance company can assess and requests increased fees above and beyond the contracted dates and rates at the time of the contract, and that all arbirtration is subject to the laws of the British Islands and all litigation will be held in the home state of the insurance company, Nebraska. My friend is from NY. The bad news, he is legally responsible to pay the $10,000.

The bottom line; know what you are signing and have a lawyer review all contracts for you. We hear this story too often.

Please note; due the possible law suits, I cannot mention the insurance company by name or the name of my friend.
    • By DUFRESNES
      I just received a call from a Federal GSA Schedule Representative asking us if we would be interested. Anybody know anything about this? I do know you have to sign a 5 year contract.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors