Quantcast

Gonzo

Article: Ode to Santa and the Economy ---- How Santa gets all those presents

Ode to Santa and the Economy Gonzo 2011

There goes Santa, running for his sleigh;

He's got to run fast, to get away.

You see, the economy has struck the North Pole as well;

The elves are on strike, and his wife is givin' em' hell.

These days when Santa appears at the local department store;

It's not just for fun or photos, but for gifts he needs to score.

He'll check the store layout and make a quick dash;

Why even Santa max'd out his credit card and is low on cash.

So off he goes, into the night;

To find those gifts, and get out of sight.

Now, he's not going to make a whole lot of stops;

'Cause look out Santa… here comes the cops.

Santa leaps to his sleigh and fly's far into the night;

Carrying all those gifts, on his yearly flight.

Way into the morning, the police search high and low;

Only to find a few tracks left in the snow.

You'll hear all the alarms blaring, late into the night;

But old Saint Nick will be long gone, and clean out of sight.

Santa has to be quick, to have it done by Christmas Eve;

So many gifts, and so many places to be…

The presents will be wrapped, and the tags will be off;

Cause old Santa is very careful, not to get caught.

So check your presents, early on Christmas day;

(Keep it hush-hush if they're from Santa, OK...?)

Now, I don't know if Old Saint Nick, stopped at your house or not;

But I thought you should know … … … … …

THOSE GIFTS ARE HOT ! !

Merry Chistmas Everyone, and Have a Great New Year Too!!!!

Click here to view the article

• Similar Forum Topics

• Article: Twas the Night Before Christmas - an apprentice mechanic and Santa

Twas the Night before Christmas (Mechanic style)   Twas the night before Christmas,  and all through the service bay, Not an engine was stirring,  just old Santa’s sleigh.       All the air hoses were hung,  by the compressor with care, The mechanics had the day off,  I’m the only one there.     I was just an apprentice, but wanted to show St. Nick just what I knew, My boss was all for it, said it was OK if I turned a few screws.     With visions of being a full time mechanic, dancing in my head I was going to give it my best shot; I’ll fix this old sled.    I gave the key a twist,and listened in dismay, That little red hot rod needed service, in such a bad way     Then from under the hood there arose such a clatter, That even St. Nick had to ask, “So, what’s the matter?”     I flew from the driver’s seat and raised the hood in a flash, Nearly stumbling off my feet, from my quick little dash.     The under hood light, glimmered onto the engine below, The fan belt had broken, and a spark plug blew out a hole.   It’s something I can handle; I learned this stuff in school, I’ll have this fixed up in no time; it only takes a few tools,     I started it up and all eight cylinders were firing away Just a few minor adjustments and he could be on his way   That’s when I noticed, his sled was packed full of all sorts of toys… He hadn’t finished his deliveries, to all the girls… and boys.     He was dressed all in red, from his head to his foot, And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot   Anxious he was, to finish his trip as soon as he could, With my wrenches a flyin’, he knew that he would.     It was up to me, to get it fixed this very night, He still had a long way to go, before it was daylight.     His eyes, how they twinkled, his dimples, how merry His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry.   And the beard on his chin was as white as the snow. I knew it was Christmas Eve, so I couldn’t say no,   He had a broad face and a round little belly That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.   He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf, And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.     His sled was like new, after the job was all done, Now that it’s fixed, he could get back to his run.   He reached into his huge bag, and pulled a box out with a jerk, Said he knew just how to thank me, for all of my hard work,     I ripped open the present, and Oh, what a sight! Snap On wrenches and sockets!  Boy was he right!     As he pulled from the parking lot, he held the throttle to the floor, Just to show off, he passed by the shop, once more,     This guy Santa, he’s a little strange, at any rate, He had a name for every cylinder, in his little V8.   I could hear him shout, so loud and clear,  Naming off each cylinder, as if they could hear.     "Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donner and Blitzen!     I heard the tires screech, as he caught second gear, Off to deliver those presents, some far, some near.     Then, I heard him exclaim, just before he drove out of sight, “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”
      View full article

By Gonzo, in AutoShopOwner Articles

• 3 replies
    • Article: Ode To Santa - Even Santa is having a rough time...

Ode to Santa and the Economy                   There goes Santa, running for his sleigh;  He’s gotta run fast, to get away.   You see, the economy has struck the North Pole as well;  The elves are on strike, and his wife is givin' em' hell.   These days when Santa appears at the local department store;  It’s not just for fun or photos, but for gifts he needs to score.   He'll check the store layout and make a quick dash; Why even Santa max'd out his credit card and is low on cash.   So off he goes, into the night;  To find those gifts, and get out of sight.   Now, he’s not going to make a whole lot of stops; ‘Cause look out Santa… here comes the cops.   Santa leaps to his sleigh and flys far into the night;  Carrying all those gifts, on his yearly flight.   Way into the morning, the police search high and low; Only to find a few tracks left in the snow.   You'll hear all the alarms blaring, late into the night; But old Saint Nick will be long gone, and clean out of sight.    Santa has to be quick, to have it done by Christmas Eve; So many gifts, and so many places to be…   The presents will be wrapped, and the tags will be off; Cause old Santa is very careful, not to get caught.   So check your presents,  early on Christmas day; (Keep it hush-hush if they're from Santa, OK...?)    Now, I don’t know if Old Saint Nick, stopped at your house or not;  But If he did … … … …  …  .....THOSE GIFTS ARE . . .  HOT ! !             PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO ALL MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! !  !
      View full article

By Gonzo, in AutoShopOwner Articles

• 1 reply
    • Thoughts and Prayers For Gonzo

I just read this below on Facebook. Please send your thoughts and prayers to our friend. He posted this yesterday.     Yesterday at 8:30pm · Tulsa, OK ·    Ok, FB friends. This has not been a great week. Severe chest pains led to a trip to the ER. Two different hospitals later it has been determined the blood flow is blocked. Monday they'll be performing a complete bypass on the old ticker. So, old Gonzo will be out of commission for a while. This is a big life changing event. But I'm up for it. More news later.

By xrac, in Non-Automotive Discussions

• 57 replies
    • Motorcycle Shop In North Florida For Sale

Establish popular motorcycle shop. 4 lifts tire change and balancing on main hwy. We get harley ATV,S Jap bikes golf carts and dirt bikes. We stay busy all year around and have a air force View the full article

By AutoShopOwner, in Automotive Business Opportunities

• 0 replies
    • Motorcycle Shop In North Florida For Sale

Establish popular motorcycle shop. 4 lifts tire change and balancing on main hwy. We get harley ATV,S Jap bikes golf carts and dirt bikes. We stay busy all year around and have a air force View the full article

By AutoShopOwner, in Automotive Business Opportunities

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors