general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Ode to Santa and the Economy

Gonzo

Ode to Santa and the Economy Gonzo 2010

There goes Santa, running for his sleigh;

He's gotta run fast to get away.

You see, the economy has struck the North Pole as well;

The elves are on strike, and his wife is giving him hell.

Now when Santa makes his appearance at the department stores;

It's not just for all those little kids anymore.

He's not going to make a whole lot of stops;

'Cause look out Santa… here comes the cops.

So off he goes, in the middle of the night;

To find those gifts, and get out of sight.

There's Santa, flying far into the night;

Carrying all those gifts, on his yearly flight.

With all the alarms blaring and the police giving chase;

Santa will be long gone, without leaving a trace.

He has to be quick to have it done by Christmas Eve;

So many gifts and so many places to be…

The presents will all be wrapped, and the tags will be off;

That's because Old Santa is very careful, not to get caught.

So look for your present on Christmas day;

(Just keep hush-hush if it's from Santa, OK.)

Now, I don't know if Old Saint Nick will stop at your house, or not;

But if he does … … … … … THOSE GIFTS ARE HOT ! !

PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO ALL

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ! !

Need a great gift for Christmas... grab a copy of my book.

Amazon.com, gonzostoolbox.com, or most local book stores.

Edited by Gonzo

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

As long as the Big Guy doesn't have to trade his red suit in for an orange jump suit... it's OK with me...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::lol::DB):) :) :)

Ode to Santa and the Economy Gonzo 2010

There goes Santa, running for his sleigh;

He's gotta run fast to get away.

You see, the economy has struck the North Pole as well;

The elves are on strike, and his wife is giving him hell.

Now when Santa makes his appearance at the department stores;

It's not just for all those little kids anymore.

He's not going to make a whole lot of stops;

'Cause look out Santa… here comes the cops.

So off he goes, in the middle of the night;

To find those gifts, and get out of sight.

There's Santa, flying far into the night;

Carrying all those gifts, on his yearly flight.

With all the alarms blaring and the police giving chase;

Santa will be long gone, without leaving a trace.

He has to be quick to have it done by Christmas Eve;

So many gifts and so many places to be…

The presents will all be wrapped, and the tags will be off;

That's because Old Santa is very careful, not to get caught.

So look for your present on Christmas day;

(Just keep hush-hush if it's from Santa, OK.)

Now, I don't know if Old Saint Nick will stop at your house, or not;

But if he does … … … … … THOSE GIFTS ARE HOT ! !

PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO ALL

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ! !

Need a great gift for Christmas... grab a copy of my book.

Amazon.com, gonzostoolbox.com, or most local book stores.

• Similar Topics

• By ASOG Podcast
      How to Get the Best Auto Repair Training - Reupload
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By Joe Marconi
      Shop Owners! Come see me at the Elite Invitational this June.  You will network with other shop owners from around the country, obtain great information from the customer panels, and from the guest speakers.  And, I will be there making a presentation on "How to Identify the Perfect Customer for YOUR Shop"
      Looking forward to seeing you there! Joe Marconi 
      For more information and to register for the event, click the link below...

• By Joe Marconi
      Back in the 1990s, some shop owner's feared that fuel injection, 100 mile spark plugs, the elimination of the Distributor cap, rotor and extended fluid services would be our demise. But, that didn't happen. 
      Now I hear many in our industry state that "There is no needed work on an electric vehicle, they are problem free." 
      My opinion, let's not fall into thinking that the EV car will run forever of even for years without needed service.  The EV still has tires, suspension, brakes, and a whole new area of opportunities. It will be different, but there will be a need for the Automotive Technicians and for repair shops.
      Your thoughts? 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      I asked Travis Troy, point-blank, what did it cost him to take his entire team to Vision this year. I talked to so many shop owners at Vision KC 2022 that closed their shops to take their entire team for some of the best training and networking both Technician, Service and Management. I stopped counting at 30 the number of shop owners who closed their shops there had to be 100 or more based on my simple survey results. Some strategies were to uplift and cross training their people into leadership roles by selecting that type of training. Travis and his partner Josh know they’ll get a huge return on their training investment. The message: get out of your comfort zone.
      Travis Troy, Honest Wrenches, Akeny and Des Moines, IA. Listen to Travis' other episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      30 years old, opened in 2011 with a partner,  2 locations Under 2 hours, over 150 registration 1st morning  “Little Engine that Could” power, will, and passion working in 2 car garage to the opening 1st location with 1 lift with no service advisor (used a Bluetooth headset and notepad in shirt). The second location is 13 miles away as a lease, previously evicted shop- 8 bay shop that was left a mess. Took 3 months to clean out and update. Took time to build but kept patience.  Capacity to want to grow and be better than the previous day- you’ll always face challenges, start every day fresh Met partner Josh in automotive electrical class in college- started working together on weekends repairing cars, the city shut them down. Travis worked 18 hour days for 6 years straight. Introduced to Vision by Tim Davidson- Tim came to shop with BG sales rep. Has been to Vision every year since.  Closes shop to come to Vision- don’t look at it from a money aspect, you can’t afford not to come. Shop owners come back to shop invigorated and refreshed, but what about your team? It’s time to have the whole shop on board and set up for the rest of the year. Average $20,000 investment to bring the whole team of 14 total including Travis and Josh.  Holding everyone accountable as 2-way street Breaking and rebuilding process constantly- continue to grow, never be afraid to try Advice- stay humble, tomorrow isn't guaranteed, stay humble, have defined roles, never compare yourself to others because you’ll never be equal. Get involved in an association AND coaching company. Succession plan preparation. Started business not just for them (Travis and Josh) but for their families and their client’s families  Tale of Two Cities- located on the property of 2 cities, google sets their address depending on where the customer is located. They are able to capitalize on 2 cities at once.  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Our Sponsors