Quantcast

Dan Winter

Windshield Replacement

Hello everyone, I am looking for input from those of you that replace windshields. I have dealt with several local installers and they are all flighty and hard to deal with. I would like to find a source for technician training and a wholesale supplier in my area ( Ventura County in southern California.)

I've poked around on the net and haven't found much of any value, just links to all the glass replacement companies etc.

My shop is general repair and maintenance, so I have plenty of customers to market glass repair and replacement to, I do suspension repair, electrical and alignments for a couple of body shops, and they would like me to do their glass work also.

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By 5 Star Auto Spa
      We just performed a heater core replacement for a 96 Ford E350. All Data book time for the job is 7.3 hours. The job took a considerable amount of time LONGER to complete the service. This job ended up taking 12 man hours to complete. Just wanted to get input from some other shops that have performed heater core replacements and if they all take longer than the estimated book time. Also, do you typically charge X hours over book time for a job like this for the estimate?
    • By mccannable
      For our shop car we are replacing the motor in a 98 Camaro 3.8. The issue is conflicting reports on which year Camaro/Firebirds are compatiable. Some say 96-98 other say 99-02. Before I spend too much on a motor and have it shipping can anyone help clarify. I have spent some time searching the web but am only finding info on the LS motors.
    • By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

I would just like some feedback from current shop/lube owners who offer windshield chip repair services. We are thinking of introducing this service at our auto repair facility this coming year. Do you have any particular brands to recommend or any kits to be used?? How do you go about determing charges? Do you offer any sort of warranty?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

• By Gonzo
      http://www.gonzostoolbox.com/KnowledgeFolder/3valvesparkplugremoval.html

Just finished this tech article. Thought you might want to read this before the editors tear it apart, stick it back together and publish the remains. LOL

• By Gonzo
      http://www.autobodynews.com/news/industry-news/item/4462-i-team-aftermarket-parts.html
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors