Quantcast

Scheduling work?

How do you guys schedule work? I have been struggling for months to get the right balance between having enough work and having too much. Most of the time, I too much work to do and can't keep up with what is already here. Does anyone have any pointers for me (this one man band) on how to properly schedule work.

I am the only one working here. Its just me to answer the phones, do the work and test drives, and so on. I have a 2 bay garage (one bay with the lift and the other bay with an alignment machine) As far as work, its whatever comes through the door. I do 99% of my work by appointment because I am the only one doing the work.

Thank you for the advice. I know without a doubt that I will have to have employees to help me. The problem is my garage is at my house (no room for expansion) and this area is so expensive to buy and build/or even rent that I can't justify the cost yet. I don't want to turn wrenches the rest of my life. I love what I do but I don't want to be 30 yrs into this business with nothing to show for it but a busted body and no room for improvement...