Quantcast

Tekmetric changed the look and I hate it

Tekmetric re-designed the appearance and I can not stand it. I refuse to pay $399 a month for software that gives me a headache to look at. Anyone have a good alternative to tekmetric with all the same functionality that either has a tiered pricing schedule that makes sense for smaller shops, or is less then $399 a month, or looks like tekmetric used to and costs about the same?

The only integrations I use from tekmetric are parts ordering and the built in labor catalog, I do not use any of the marketing features so those are not important to me.

• 2 weeks later...

You might take a look at ShopWare.  I don't know their pricing, but it's growing in popularity.   Protractor is $399/mo, a little less if you need less than 6 computers.   Then on the new up and comers, you have Shop Monkey, ShopBoss, AutoLeap, etc.

I'm intrigued by what they could have done to cause your headaches.   I peeked at their website for screenshots, but they could be the old style.

35 minutes ago, bantar said:

You might take a look at ShopWare.  I don't know their pricing, but it's growing in popularity.   Protractor is $399/mo, a little less if you need less than 6 computers.   Then on the new up and comers, you have Shop Monkey, ShopBoss, AutoLeap, etc.

I'm intrigued by what they could have done to cause your headaches.   I peeked at their website for screenshots, but they could be the old style.

I am slowly getting used to the changes, but what they had before worked great, and to log into a complete re design that makes things harder to read was very frustrating to say the least.

I ended up checking out demos of ShopBoss and AutoLeap, as well as identifix. I want to say Autoleap was the closest, but they all lack one or two functions that seem to make tekmetric the leader. I did not check protractor, but I only need 3 computers, so if they have a tiered pay schedule and it hits all the marks it might be worth checking out.