Quantcast

How many lifts does everyone have per tech?

MINI4U

Just wondering how many lifts do other shops have per tech? We have 5 lifts with 3 &1/2 techs and we still need more. To add more lifts we need a expansion and then we need to try to find a quality tech. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By MINI4U
      We are in desperate need of techs. I tried Indeed and was very dissatisfied with the "talent" they sent us. I am considering Find A Wrench they post on Indeed as well as Zip Recruiter and some 90 other companies as well as social media. Has anyone tried them or ACT Auto Staffing? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      When a consumer brings me their car to repair, it is my obligation to repair that vehicle back to its original state. This goes for mechanical repair and for collision. I am primarily and mechanical shop, but we get many customers with collision related issues. We will also work with local body shops, performing some of the mechanical and handing over part of the job, such as paint work, to the expert. Basically, I take care of my customers to the best of my ability.

The increasing situations with insurance companies that want to supply us with used parts is growing to a point where I no longer trust the intentions of some companies.

Recently, a customer with a 2012 Subaru, ran off the road and bent a wheel, destroyed the tire, bent the strut and spindle. All was ok, but they wanted to send us a used wheel from a yard down south that I was not familiar with. After three attempts I put my foot down. I am not opposed to “used”, but I am opposed to “pure junk”. These wheels were damaged, slightly bent and did not meet the standards of my shop or my repair. I ordered a reman wheel from my regular supplier, informed the customer of the situation and told the insurance company the price of the wheel.

There was a few back and forth communications because the insurance company and they would not pay the difference at first, which was about $100. The determining factor was the phone call from the customer who gave the adjuster an ear fill how she felt. Begrudgingly, the insurance company paid the difference.

The lesson here is to remember that the job you are doing is your work, and a reflection on you. Let us not reduce our standards and integrity because the insurance company wants to save a few bucks. It may come back to haunt us.
    • By ScottyP
      Long story but I need to know what this green wire is for or what circuit it's in. It's the harness in the left rear of the car that goes from underneath up into the left quarter panel. 
      Thanks and Happy New Year, hope your shop is doing great!

• By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      SVI- implemented by the OE’s or dongle devices in legacy vehicles. Levels the playing field. Secure information. It’s the consumer’s choice. Right to Repair- delayed because of an injunction rumors  ADAS standards- recalibration challenges, standards, and targets are often written prior to actually doing the work and how it will be implemented. Sensors age and degrade over time and the recalibration process will need to be changed.  Dynamic recalibration in the future- increasing capacity of computer systems in vehicles.  Perception systems- augmented sensory collections, future communication with roadside stations, and other vehicles. Control modules are the brain/spinal cord, sensors are your eyesight and touch.  Exponential growth in software and application of software- Ethernet network- greater bandwidth, enables the data to be your personal profile preferences  The consumers choice is made up with policies and technology Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  AAPEX 2021 is in the record books and lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm
      Joe Registeris the vice president of emerging technologies within the technology and standards department of the Auto Care Association. In his role as vice president of emerging technologies, Register is responsible for bringing the aftermarket perspective to vehicle technology development as new technologies are designed and introduced to the marketplace. This includes working with his global counterparts in industry standards-setting organizations, such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and SAE International, to identify and address potential opportunities and threats that recent vehicle technology innovations create. Register joined the Auto Care Association’s technology department in 2016, serving as director, technology solutions, and brings more than two decades of industry knowledge and experience in data and information technologies to the association. In his role as director, Register oversaw initiatives that serve the entire aftermarket industry through the development of automotive solution designs, including the development of Auto Care standards such as iShop and Internet Parts Ordering (IPO). Additionally, Register has long been a passionate supporter of all the Auto Care standards, including the Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard (ACES) and Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES), part of the Vehicle Information Portal (VIP). Listen to Joe's other episodes HERE

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      ADAS Certification- started 18 months ago. Created calibration test and has a calibration composite vehicle. Launch 2022. Other tests in the works- electric vehicles Adopt a School Program- High school is the target students. There are over 1,800 ASE accredited programs around the country. Get the parents on board.  Field manager network- 15-19 individuals with multiple state territories, introduce businesses to schools and schools to businesses. Former techs/educators full-time employees. ASEeducationfoundation.org at top of the screen look for the find a rep button  Continue to map out career paths post apprenticeship program- 42% of technicians 2 years later, leave due to lack of the career path Don’t wait until a technician is ready to retire Myth- it will be too much of a time commitment- most advisory committees meet twice a year Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Since 1989 TRACS has been the industry’s leading shop management system. And in the last 30 years, it’s gotten better and better. Today TRACS Enterprise offers even more of the features AutoCare Center owners want—things like a powerful interactive scheduling calendar, faster and streamlined workflow, plus streamlined parts ordering and purchasing options. And there’s more—Punch-out to Mitchell ProDemand, mobile VIN capture, and multi-shop capabilities. That means you can count on TRACS Enterprise to help drive your success today and well into the future. Learn more about TRACS Enterprise and the hundreds of other benefits the NAPA family has to offer. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.
      Trish Serratore is the Senior Vice President of Communication at ASE. She works closely with all of the organizations within the ASE Industry/Education initiative, which also includes ASE and the Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC), to help provide the qualified automotive professionals the industry needs today and tomorrow. Links to Trish’s episodes HERE   Dwayne Myers is a partner in Dynamic Automotive in the greater Maryland area. Dwayne invests time in the industry with the Auto Care Association and serves on the education committee with CCPN (Car Care Professional Network). Dwayne was recently honored as one of only 17 outstanding individuals that qualified for the prestigious 2017 World Class Technician Award presented by The Auto Care Association and ASE. He is very passionate about hiring and sustaining a strong and engaged team. Listen to Dwayne’s previous episodes HERE.    
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• By champtires, in Automotive Industry,

By Joe Marconi, in Automotive Management,

• Our Sponsors