Quantcast

In the market for a new lift. Looking for something that will work well for low vehicles but can still handle light trucks. 2 post, clear floor 10k lbs capacity range. I see a lot of manufacturers offer a bi-symmetrical lifts now. I've never used one. Thoughts? What do you have and like? I had mohawk's for the last 20 years, exploring other brands. Not going to get full time shop usage. Looking for the best bang for the buck but not anything that isn't ALI certified.

What do you have that you like and can easily get sports cars on (a problem for my asymmetrical mohawk without blocks of wood to drive on)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• The $19.95 Oil Change Offer

Yesterday, went for a drive through North Jersey, was very concerned to see that independent shops are putting permanent signs with the $19.95 oil change offers, the $59 A/C recharge, and the $5 dollar flat fix. This reeks of desperation, clearly the industry is coming due for a strong correction. At my shops this month we are starting to see price resistance from the lower income segment, we are having to exert price flexibility for price discovery which we are finding to be 10% to 20% from list pricing. The mid to upper segments are still going strong.

By HarrytheCarGeek, in General Automotive Discussion

• 95 replies
    • Post your shop's website!

We've created this section here for you to post your shop website. This is a great way to get some feedback and suggestions from your peers.

Please post relevant automotive shop websites only. Any posts including non automotive shop websites will be moderated and removed.

Thank you.

By Alex, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 210 replies
    • Repairs on your own vehicles

Wondering how you all handle repair work to your own vehicles. How do you pay, how do you handle parts costs, write an RO or not, how does it affect gross sales. I currently write an RO, pay the guys time just like any other job, but cost the parts to myself. The RO is for zero sales but has tech time charged to it. Wondering how others do it. I also have too many vehicles...

By gandgautorepair, in General Automotive Discussion

• 8 replies
    • Wheel Alignment lifts

Our shop is being refitted with all new equipment. Up for discussion is the choice of wheel alignment lifts. The local distribution here in Hong Kong, has two brands on offer: Hunter, who are well known and reputable, and Ravaglioli, who are well-represented, but relatively unknown to me. Does anyone here have any information to share on the pro's and cons of these two?   I've had mixed results with Italian equipment in the past, some good, some tragic. Hoping to avoid any unnecessary shedding of tears, blood and cash.

By HK Blackbird, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 3 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ncsvoboda7
      Hey guys, I found this alignment rack on craigslist, the guy is only asking 1000 for it, its older ya but in perfect working condition just needs some cleaning and a little maintenance. It is the Hunter Lite-A-Line system, I'm looking for anyone with experience with this system, is it good? bad? will it do a 4 wheel alignment? is it worth 1000 or is that not that great of a deal? thanks!

Nate

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors