Quantcast

Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day, is observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 citizens of the United States who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941. 

Let us never forget!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By AutoShopOwner
      First-Ever U.S. Auto Tech National Championship Qualifying Event Comes to the Detroit Area September 23rd - 25th
      Regional Qualifying Event Will Determine Top Auto Technician Professionals and Students in National Competition, Culminating with Championship Event in Nashville in December to Compete for Over $200,000 Cash and Prizes
      SYCAMORE, Ill., Sept. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., a family business that designs and manufactures products for the professional trades, and Intersport, and independent award-winning marketing agency headquartered in Chicago, have announced the inaugural U.S. Auto Technician National Championship (USATNC) competition. The competition was created this year to celebrate and showcase the incredible skills of auto technician professionals and students across the country. The program centers around a one-of-a-kind competition series, including four months of online and live qualifying challenges across the country to find the best 64 professional (32) and student (32) auto technicians, and brings them together for a national championship event scheduled to take place December 13-14, 2021, in Nashville, TN. A regional qualifying event is open for registration and will take place in Southfield, MI September 23rd – 25th.
      What: US Auto Tech National Championship Qualifying Event
      Who: Professional Auto Technicians and Students/Apprentices
      Where: Garage Gurus 27300 W 11 Mile Rd. Southfield, MI, 48034
      When: Thursday, September 23rd – Saturday, September 25th
      The regional tour qualifying event is one of seven that will determine the 64 finalists who will be invited to Nashville for the Championship event. From the finalists, three professionals and three students will be crowned first, second, and third prize winners, and will divvy up $200,000 in cash and prizes. Sponsors for the USATNC include 7-Eleven, Discount Tire, Duluth Trading, Garage Gurus, Little Giant Ladder Systems, Lucas Oil, ServiceTitan, and the University of Northwestern Ohio.
      Registration for the competition is open at: www.usatnc.com
      For a list of rules, see: https://www.tradesnation.com/us/en/etcs/autotech/official-rules.html
      For additional information, visit: www.usatnc.com
      SOURCE Intersport Inc

• By carmcapriotto
      https://youtu.be/lAWzbES7h8M
      Panel:
      Joe Hanson, Gordies Garage, Roseville, MI. Listen to Joe's previous episodes HERE.
      Bill Nalu, Interstate Auto Care, Madision Heights, MI. Listen to Bill's previous episodes HERE.

Key talking points:
      Done the same way daily. Predictable One person in charge of the process Joe:Planning, production recap of the day Feedback Parts review for next day Make the morning a quick start. Get mentally prepared for the next day. What is coming in. Set the expectation (stage) for the next day’s production Cash in - Cash outUse bank bag and drop off Manage parts returns. Don’t let it get out of hand. Bill:Set the stage or table for the next day Your survival is dependent on great organized processes Bill offers flexible hours to his team Verify if the vehicle left out has its windows up and is lockedKey’s are locked up Check all building doors. Be sure they are locked Be sure after-hours customer pick-up’s keys are in the lockbox A walk through the shop:Acetylene tanks are closed Doors are closed Hoist locked down All electronic tools locked in a special cabinet All other tools and equipment out of sight from prying eyes Verify the bank deposit against the shop management system Check HVAC system or thermostats  Lock up cash drawer cash Thanks to Bill Nalu and Joe Hanson for their contribution to the aftermarket Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Join the Ecosystem – Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee

Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few?
      Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day.
      Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click.
      When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review.
      Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop.  Visit www.getbroadly.com/carm to learn more.

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Last October the doctors found a large infection and abscess in my large intestine that perforated into my abdomen. I required emergency surgery to remove the abscess; removing about six inches of my large intestine.  That was step one: This past January, I needed an additional surgery to remove another 4 inches, and repair other areas of my intestines.  Thankfully, I am fine, with no lasting issues.  It will take about a year to fully recover, but all is well.
      I am telling you this for one reason: What if something were to happen to you?  Will your shop survive? What about your family?  These were the things I thought about when I was laid up in the hospital.
      Create a continuity plan to prepare for a crisis. Make sure you have a will and enough life insurance. Build a business where it can be run by the systems and procedures you out into place.  
      Lastly, ENJOY the fruits of your labor! When I woke up after the surgery with tubes inside me and in my arms, It became clear that the things we worry about in business are really not that important. 
      Take care of yourself ! 

• By AutoShopOwner
      The leadership of National Pronto Association and Automotive Distribution Network announced today the merger of the two organizations. As of Jan. 1, 2021, the newly formed organization will be known as the Pronto Automotive Distribution Network.
      Headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, Pronto Automotive Distribution Network will be led by Robert Roos as president and David Prater as executive vice president. The combined organization will represent more than 250 members in North America with an estimated revenue of approximately $5 billion annually. Members will continue to market under the Pronto, Parts Plus and Auto Pride names.
      In addition, Pronto Automotive Distribution Network, together with Federated Auto Parts, will comprise the Automotive Parts Services Group (The Group). 
      “Pronto members and staff are excited to partner with the Network team. The similarities between our two groups are significant, making the transition into one company a much easier path,” said Roos. “This merger will benefit Network and Pronto members, as well as our valued vendor partners, by increasing our membership footprint throughout North America and helping to ensure our collective future viability. In addition, the merger will enhance our position within The Group, working alongside our partners at Federated. I can’t think of a better way to start off the new year.”
      “By forming the Pronto Automotive Distribution Network, we will have the ability to build on past success, make a greater impact in the marketplace, and identify more ways to benefit our members, supplier partners and associates,” added Prater. “Because the aftermarket is always evolving, taking this proactive step and merging two of the major program groups will help ensure our combined membership is well positioned to compete and achieve mutual success well into the future.”
      Source: https://www.aftermarketnews.com/national-pronto-association-automotive-distribution-network-announce-merger/
    • By Joe Marconi
      Today is Veterans Day. An important day when Americans honor and show appreciation for all who have served in the United States military—in wartime or peacetime, living, or deceased.
      Thank you to all the Veteran for your duty, service, and commitment to preserving our nation’s liberties and freedoms.

• Our Sponsors