Quantcast

CAautogroup

Tool to reset oil change lights

Hello all,

Just wanted some general feedback for what you guys use to reset the oil change reminder lights on most vehicles including European since vw seems to be a pain.

i have heard of a few scanners though would like others opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• General Liability / Garage Keepers Insurance Quotes... What do you pay?

I have a 2 bay facility that I rent and one employee plus myself. I was quoted about $2346 per year for both general liability and garage keepers from Liberty Mutual(using CoverWallet as the broker). - General liability was $1,032 per year if paid in full for $1,000,000 limit and $2,000,000 aggregate - Garage keepers was $1320 per year if paid in full for $75,000 coverage Does this sound right? I am in the process of getting other quotes but wanted to see if I am in the right ballpark. This is my first time getting insurance for the business and it seems like some places don't want to insure you unless you have history. Shop size: Employees: Location: Own or rent: Coverage: Insurer:   Thank you

By [email protected], in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 1 reply
    • The $19.95 Oil Change Offer

Yesterday, went for a drive through North Jersey, was very concerned to see that independent shops are putting permanent signs with the $19.95 oil change offers, the $59 A/C recharge, and the $5 dollar flat fix. This reeks of desperation, clearly the industry is coming due for a strong correction. At my shops this month we are starting to see price resistance from the lower income segment, we are having to exert price flexibility for price discovery which we are finding to be 10% to 20% from list pricing. The mid to upper segments are still going strong.

By HarrytheCarGeek, in General Automotive Discussion

• 95 replies
    • Best Scanner for General Repair

Hello,  We're in the market for a new scanner and figured I'd ask fellow shop owners their ideas and experiences. I did search the board archives and didn't see much within the past year or so.  We are a general repair shop servicing most anything, according to customer attitude. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.   Thanks in advance 🙂

By Extracareman, in General Automotive Discussion

• 5 replies
    • Repairs on your own vehicles

Wondering how you all handle repair work to your own vehicles. How do you pay, how do you handle parts costs, write an RO or not, how does it affect gross sales. I currently write an RO, pay the guys time just like any other job, but cost the parts to myself. The RO is for zero sales but has tech time charged to it. Wondering how others do it. I also have too many vehicles...

By gandgautorepair, in General Automotive Discussion

• 8 replies
    • OFFICE SCANNERS

I want to start 1st with scanning our invoices into the computer and doing away with paper.  I don't know where to start and how to get started.  Any ideas.  It has to be fast and efficient.  Any body using them and how it works.  From looking on the Internet I see it might take a two piece of equipment.  Not sure                                           

By DUFRESNES, in Workflow Management

• 10 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors