Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
CAautogroup

Inventory Tracking

Hello all,

I would like to know what software other shops use to track inventory (ie filters, wiper blades, etc). Any luck with a barcode scanner?

We are still old fashioned at our shop and looking to make a change to compensate for loss of time and profit.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers.

Nick

CA Auto Group

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Alex
      Yes they are tracking us, but we know this, right? I was with a group of people very recently, and they were all thinking about getting off their facebook accounts because of the latest backlash around facebook and their data. The hashtag #DeleteFacebook has picked up some steam and media outlets are all talking about it. Almost as if they didn't know that Facebook was collecting all of their data and when they accessed their facebook app on their phone or mobile device, facebook was tracking a lot more. That's the trade-off for using their free service. Facebook gets loads of data, shows you targeted ads, and is able to monetize that data. Google does the same, its all about the data and parsing that data for profit. Even when you delete your data, is it really gone? 
      So the question is, will this hurt facebook? Memberships from the younger generation are declining already, as they flock to snapchat and instagram, so now with a concern of, "what is facebook doing with my information out there", is this a problem for them? Maybe not, we'll have to wait and see.
      Facebook is part of so many people's daily lives, so it will be interesting to see where this all goes and if it affects them. Facebook will not last forever because it simply isn't "cool" to the younger generation. It'll probably change and let's not forget that they own Instagram, WhatsApp and a bunch of other companies.
      Tip...if you don't want your data tracked, shut off your settings in your facebook account, your apps, and your phone privacy settings. There are many tutorials online that can help you. 🙂
    • By nge
      Hey everyone,

I was recently having a conversation over lunch with a college buddy of mine who has a PhD in computer science and owns a web development company we were casually talking about business etc and started discussing websites and ROI. This got me thinking about my shops site and how efficient we are in tracking the ROI. We currently use Autoshop solutions (were with them before he started the web company but plan on switching) and pay about $190 a month in web maintenance fees with includes updates, hosting and a portal to login to track views etc but it made me start wondering if I really knew the true ROI of my website. Every month I look at the numbers and the reports and see bounce rate, time per page etc but never really have sat to think what that really means and if my website is serving its purpose (to capture the attention of and bring in new customers). On top of that we have our adwords budget and all in all I feel like we are just throwing money out there hoping it will stick and assuming that the site is making us money.

So my question is how is everyone else tracking the ROI of their website?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is the typical amount (or rough estimate) you pay monthly for web maintenance (if you have it) and do you feel like you are getting your money's worth from your hosting company? My buddy has offered me an opportunity to come into his business (I have a background in IT as well) and to offer some insight in capturing some business from the automotive industry but I just wanted to get a feel for the problems which you guys are facing today to see if I am the only one with these questions and issues or if this could be an industry issue worth pursuing.

Thanks!
    • By 5 Star Auto Spa
      How do you keep track of technician time on a repair / diagnostic to make sure that he is consistently within acceptable time frame? Is there a formal way that you do it or a software that you use? I am looking for a way to track technician time on a repair or diagnostic to make sure they stay within acceptable range.
    • By CarER
      Hey all!

I'm not sure how well versed any of you are in SEO but I have an interesting(?) question.

I know (or at least back when I researched SEO a few years ago) one thing that search engines look for is a consistent NAP (name, address, and phone number) for your business. Back when I had just my listings and website all of my phone numbers matched up over the web. And we were in the top 3 in the organic listings and map listings when searching for "auto repair harrisonburg va."

However now, we have a tracking number on our website, a different tracking number for yelp, a different tracking number for our CRM "Adversite," and so on and so forth. With that, I've also noticed that our organic and map listing has been falling (we're down to like 6th or 7th now.) I understand some of this may be because my competition is stepping up their SEO efforts.

So my question is this, would all of these different tracking numbers cause my SEO ranking to fall since the phone numbers that I have on these various sites are different from the ones that are listed on my Google and other search site listings?

Thank you. Have a phenomenal day!
    • By 5 Star Auto Spa
      For all of the shops that do NOT specialize in one make of vehicle, what types of coolant do you carry? There seems to be an over abundance of different types of coolant on the market and it seems kinda crazy to carry all 15 of the different types. Just trying to get an idea of what other shops keep in their inventory......
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors