Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
mspecperformance

What Are Some Of Your Interview Questions?

Hey guys, I recently put an ad out for a new tech (B Level and/or entry level) and I've got a decent response. I am going to be scheduling a round of interview tomorrow however I don't yet have a formal set of interview questions for these potential guys. This is my first time going at this so I was wondering what some of you other pros have experienced. Whats the best questions to ask? I was thinking scenario type of questions, thoughts?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

-Adam

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Stevens Automotive Service
      How many of you have a four bay shop ?
      If you do how many techs do you have ?
      What is your average sales weekly , monthly ?
      What do you spend in advertising ?
      What was your sales in 2017 ?
      I am using this shop as a guide for those who would like to follow and see real time progress.
      For those interested just answer the questions so you and I can see what your strong points and if and where you may have areas for improvement.   
    • By Shopcat
      I was wondering what is your best interview question? I know the collective mind of ASO is full of wisdom and great ideas. Maybe the best interview question you SHOULD have asked. I figure by the end of this thread we will all have a few fresh questions for that next applicant.
    • By torquedwrench
      Hi everyone. I'm the business arm of a very new (Not even open yet) mobile auto repair business in a very rural area. I really just wanted to bounce a few ideas off of everyone, and get some input on what I have so far. We are starting on a shoe string, but Insurance and other fun expensive things are taken care of. Right now for work orders and labor times we're using Real Time Labor guide (Remember we're on a shoestring for these things but would love any recommendations on cheap SMS with more features 😂 ) Google calendar for scheduling and google voice to ring all the partner's numbers so someone can always answer. As of right now, my main problem is trying to source parts. The only parts store we have is a small Auto Value that I'll be talking to the owner of on monday because Auto Values websites seem to be beyond useless. All other parts stores are 40 or more miles away, although there is an oreilly's close to the edge of our service area so they could be used for some. Anybody have any suggestions on this or have any experience dealing with Auto Value? Any other suggestions are super welcome and I thank you all very much.
    • By Robert Dickens
      Good Day

I am currently opening my first shop here in Canada. I have been looking for months for the right location as our market is very hot, that said every location that I have seen thus far does not have any oil intercepts. Ontario by-law states that it is mandatory.

however the vast majority of shop that I have seen do not have any installed. furthermore I would think installing a small under sink unit assuming there is no drains in the shop floor should cover this law.

How do all of you deal with this by-law? do all of you bite the bullet and spend the 10s of thousands and install a in ground unit or do you limit the work you offer your customers or is there another way around the law while meeting the sewer regulations.

I know most if not all of you are in the USA, that said Ontario Canada laws are very similar to those in California
    • By PAPShop
      We finally pulled the trigger and are in the process of setting up Mitchell1 SE.

Right now my opinion is: what a nightmare!

I know I have to be patient to get everything set up, that is a given. I have done this in other industries. However, this, it will not be a smooth setup. Any tips?

My other question is: How do you handle retail sales? Once we get our THOUSANDS of retail part numbers transported into the program (at an extra $200 that we were not aware of until the programs were installed) how do you create a sale for a retail customers? I'm looking in the program, and it doesn't jump out at me. If this is not possible, then we have just wasted a lot of time, money and effort.

Some of the retail sales are made to "cash customer" in our old system. Do you recommend creating one in Mitchell?

Thanks
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors