Quantcast

Printer & Labels for Oil Change Reminders

I'm looking to buy a printer to make custom oil change labels. I would also like the printer to have the versatility to print different types of labels as Oklahoma requires some specific labels for CNG conversions. I've found lots of systems when googling "oil change stickers" but they all seem to be $300-400 printers marked up to $700ish. I'd rather buy the printer and media myself if possible. Does anybody have a setup they're happy with?

Thanks in advance.

I started my using a Brother QL-570 that I purchased off Amazon for less than $100. The printer came with the software to design and print a very nice oil change label as well as since it uses a 2" sticker label you could use it for about anything. My only complaint is the label is hard to remove from the windshield. I recently changed to a Dymo printer because the Lube Sticker Program that Mitchel1 is now using only supports this and one other printer.

I started my using a Brother QL-570 that I purchased off Amazon for less than $100. The printer came with the software to design and print a very nice oil change label as well as since it uses a 2" sticker label you could use it for about anything. My only complaint is the label is hard to remove from the windshield. I recently changed to a Dymo printer because the Lube Sticker Program that Mitchel1 is now using only supports this and one other printer.

Thanks! Were the labels you were using with the Brother printer the static-cling glass stickers or did they use an actual adhesive? Were you able to print your shop logo using the printer or did you buy pre-printed labels to feed it?

They were the actual adhesive labels. Printers that can print on the static cling are a lot more expensive. I was able to place my logo on the sticker along with mileage and type of oil and our shop slogan. I actually changed my logo on these stickers a few weeks ago to a QR code linking to my web page to make an appointment that way when someone looks at the sticker and realized they need service they can just click the code and make an appointment.

• Like 1