You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Overtime without high production will hurt your shop's profit

Not every shop pays flat rat; for many reasons.  So, many techs are on hourly pay.  There is nothing wrong with hourly pay, as long as you have an incentive program in place that promotes high production levels to avoid complacency.  For hourly paid employees I strongly urge you to have a pay plan that rewards production levels on a sliding scale.   As a business coach, I have seen too many times shops with low production levels and high tech payroll due to overtime pay. Overtime pay must not be used to get the jobs done with no regard to labor production.  Limit overtime and create a strategy that increases production and rewards techs with production bonuses.  By the way, there are many ways to incentivize techs, it's not all about money.  Overtime without high levels of production will eat into profits and if not controlled, with kill your business.  If your shop is an hourly paid shop, what incentives do you have in place to maintain production levels? 

By Joe Marconi, in Accounting, Profitability, & Payroll

• 0 replies
    • Selling Advanced Diagnostic Services for Maximum Profit

Wanted to let you know about a free webinar we did recently with Jeremy O'Neal: "Selling Advanced Diagnostic Services for Maximum Profit" You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/   Jeremy O’Neal has been recognized as one of the industry’s most talented and skilled service advisors. Having worked at independent repair facilities, as well as new car dealerships, Jeremy has developed the best real-world sales training available to the auto repair industry. In this valuable 60-minute webinar, taught by Jeremy O’Neal of Advisorfix, you’ll learn: How to generate the proper labor revenue for your shop when performing advanced diagnostic procedures How to create a value-driven advanced testing package that generates maximum profits for each job How to deliver the sales presentation in a way that naturally generates a “yes” from your customer How to combat the objection: “Other shops or dealerships don’t charge for diagnostics” How to combat the objection: “Will you waive your testing fee if I do the repairs?” You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/

By rmiller, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
    • Gross Profit

Everywhere I look I see that I'm supposed to target 60% gross profit.  Am I supposed to include tires in this?  I have no problem getting 60% on repairs, but when I include my tire sales then it just tanks it.  About 15% of our sales is tires.  Is anyone getting 60% GP including tires?  If so, I need to make some adjustments.

By jfuhrmad, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 13 replies
    • Labor Profit Management

Curious if anyone has any experience with this company? I need to start tracking my guys since we can't seem to produce what I would call acceptable hours. Bolt on has stated that they are working on time clock software for the tablets, but I can't continue to wait. Or if anyone uses another time clock software that tracks productivity and efficiency, I would appreciate feedback.

By mmotley, in Accounting, Profitability, & Payroll

• 3 replies
    • Gross Profit

When looking to achieve 60% gross profit on labor, do you add all labor cost or just technician cost?      

By Framingham Auto Service, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 15 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors