Quantcast

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

Barcode Scanners

Hi, we are thinking about getting barcode scanners to scan VIN numbers and possible part UPCs. Anyone used a blue tooth scanner and Winworks Autoshop? I have talked to the people at Winworks and they tell me that many people use them but cannot give me a model number of one that works.

I've never used either of those, but bluetooth isn't very far reaching. It's only good for about 10 feet. You may get further away and still have a connection but 10 feet is about it for a dependable, accurate connection. I would look into a WIFI scanner. Also, make sure you get one that can at least scan the 2D barcodes found on many vehicle registrations (3D would set you up for the future). I know, here in NY, our window registration stickers have both a regular barcode and a 2D barcode. The regular barcode gives you a bunch of useless info along with the License plate number while the 2D barcode will actually give you the VIN. I use a standard barcode scanner to scan the regular barcode on the doorpost but you wouldn't believe the number of vehicles I get in that don't have a barcode there. If I had a 2D scanner I could easily scan the registration. I have also found that it is difficult to scan the barcode vintag on the dashboard. The windshield seems to distort it so it won't scan. I hope I didn't take you off on a tangent...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      We are wrapping up our 3 part series with Bob Cooper and the Q&A discussion with a customer panel at the 2022 Elite Invitational. Chris Monroe joins us as we discuss websites, google ads and cause marketing. Don’t forget to download your complimentary Customer Care Guide and an Owners Job Description Guide by going to eliteworldwide.com/ARN or find the link in the show notes.  Bob Cooper, Founder/President Elite Worldwide. Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE. Listen to Bob’s other episodes HERE Chris Monroe, Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, NC. Business Development Coach,  Elite Worldwide, Elite Top Shop 360. Listen to Chris' other episodes HERE   Key Talking Points
      Watch Full Episode on YouTube HERE Websites - What they look for on websites: years in business, pictures of shop/employees (nonstock photos), connection (dogs, kids etc), phone number and email address, reviews, attraction to family business What didn't they say? Price, list of services Google Ads - Their use of the paid Google ads found at the top of search results- they do not consider them as recommendations. Consumers want to do their own research Cause Marketing - powerful but not a top priority to sway decisions, encourage referrals, and find a cause you believe in to be involved with. Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE. Link to Part 1 Link to Part 2
      Connect with the Podcast: Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partner: Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      I have heard mixed messages from around the country concerning parts. Are you seeing acquiring parts getting worse or better?
    • By carmcapriotto
      We are on Part 2 of our 3 Part series about customer perspectives with Bob Cooper. In this episode, Bob asks a panel of consumers at the 2022 Elite Invitational in San Diego about pricing competitiveness and how to recover when something goes wrong with a customer experience.
      Bob Cooper, Founder/President Elite Worldwide. Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE. Listen to Bob’s other episodes HERE Darrin Barney, VP of Operations, Elite Worldwide. President of Barney Brother’s Off-Road and Repair, Grand Junction, CO. Listen to Darrin’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Pricing and Competitiveness: pricing is based on other businesses, economics/market conditions/competitors, sales force determination, and dealership prices. They do not understand where the price comes from.  Price comparing: asking why it's a considerable difference, asking to match the price, questioning labor prices, see a breakdown of prices. Be competitive, but you don’t need to match. Charge appropriately for your shop. Recovery- KIA EV battery issues- irritated loaner was a gas vehicle, KIA wrote check to cover gas during time they had car (for few months), “fix the problem so well they cant wiat for it to happen again.” KIA was understanding of their individual customer. Have a plan/procedure in place. Have a ‘discount’ budget to use- empower your people. LISTEN  Have the right people in place Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Are Wheel Alignments in 8 Minutes Possible?
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Joe Marconi
      The word OSHA makes many shop owners cringe. 
      I was lucky enough years back to have my insurance agent suggest I perform a voluntary OSHA inspection. A private company did it at the time.   
      They found tons of violations; some we knew would be flagged, but most we did not. 
      Have you ever had an OSHA inspection? And what can shop owners do to protect themselves? 

• Our Sponsors

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile