Quantcast

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

ASE A5 (Brakes) A4 (Suspension) Test Tips/Study Guide

I just passed my ASE exams  for the A1, A4 and A5 tests. I used the more expensive Computer-Based-Testing (CBT) that takes place in August and February, it is nice and a little less hectic than classroom testing. I would highly recommend if you are easily distracted (I was the only one in the room!).

Here are my notes about what to study or brush up on. Every CBT and written test is different: 

A5 Brakes
• One CAN BUS question relating to brake warning lights. But, if you can follow a wiring diagram you can answer the question.
• One a question about ABS isolation and outlet valves.
• Two questions on hydro boost. They were concerned about pump diagnostics and the supply of hydraulic pressure to the hydro-boost unit.

A4 Suspension and Steering
• Three power steering questions. You must understand the role of return lines, supply lines and valves.
• Five questions about tire wear patterns.
• Three question were asked where the alignment angles (actual and specs±) were given and the tester had to interpret them.
• No "new technology" (electric power steering, air ride, etc...) questions were asked in my version.

aggbug.aspx?PostID=473

View More

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End